Can't get much closer

I did something very similar, except I used the aluminum box-channel legs from a towel warmer that had seen its better days. This setup is really the most convenient arrangement one could imagine. In my case, I have a single row on each side, and it let's me number the tools to match their position in the tool charts of LinuxCNC.

DSC05277.JPGDSC05278.JPG

Hey Batman, keep checking on your tools 2x4 are not known to be dry. You may want to oil those holes. That will keep the tools from rusting. I usually test my wood with a meter B4 using. I do believe in using wood, but I make sure it's dry, I like using walnut it's oily, a 2x4 can be used, especially very old ones. You can also put it in the oven at 259 to 300 for an hour or two.. but make sure you oil those holes since you don't know.

Hey Batman, keep checking on your tools 2x4 are not known to be dry. You may want to oil those holes. That will keep the tools from rusting. I usually test my wood with a meter B4 using. I do believe in using wood, but I make sure it's dry, I like using walnut it's oily, a 2x4 can be used, especially very old ones. You can also put it in the oven at 259 to 300 for an hour or two.. but make sure you oil those holes since you don't know.

I soaked the entire board with Starrett M1 oil, including the holes. I'll do it a few more times over a few months. I even spray the end grain.

Very nice organization. I’m planning on doing something similar. Nice inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for the mill but these have been littering my bench for years. Glad they are out of the way. I had a spare chunk of maple laying around.

20240130_141948.jpg

Not for the mill but these have been littering my bench for years. Glad they are out of the way. I had a spare chunk of maple laying around.
Add a spacer to bring the pieces of maple down away from the shelf, and you can slide the holder under the shelf. . . further out of the way.

Back