Can't get much closer

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
Can't get my R8 tooling much closer to the mill than this! It's not all of it but a good portion of it. The vise that holds a fixture I made for torqueing the collet chuck nuts is right next to the mill on the rack side. The endmills are on the opposite side of the mill in the drawers to the right.

20240129_182305.jpg

I had considered having my nephew 3d print something but the wood is soft on the tapers and soaks up oil really well. No rust in my old wood rack.

I need an empty spot for my drill chuck so I have a quick place to drop it in when I'm not using it.

Nice and tidy! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wood?

Wikipedia says that is some kind of non-metallic, cellulose material...... huh, will have to look into it........ ;)
Maybe I can buy more tools!

Brian

EDIT: but seriously that looks very convenient!

Wood?

Wikipedia says that is some kind of non-metallic, cellulose material...... huh, will have to look into it........ ;)
Maybe I can buy more tools!

Brian

EDIT: but seriously that looks very convenient!
Left overs from a shelf project.

I used a 13" 2x4. 1" on center from each edge and 1 1/2" on center from the end and 2" between holes. The 4" brackets hold the wood out from the mill a half inch so debris can easily fall through or be blown out.

I soaked the wood with spray M1 oil.

Wowsers thats a nice set up!
A little envious

I might make a magnetic version tomorrow. I decided to use screws and brackets on the mill to avoid the build up of chips on the magnets.

I have room for another rack on the side of my endmill and insert drawers. I might make one for my boring heads specifically. There would be some spacing to work out.

My boring/facing heads will stay in their cases since they don't get used often.

With all the filler on the mill body I don't think the magnets would hold.

The side of the mill isn't flat enough for the magnets so I hid the boring heads on the side of my endmill and insert drawers.

20240130_083712.jpg

20240130_084233.jpg

I like it.

Opened up a spot for my drill chuck. Drops in nicely with no chance of damage.

20240130_084556.jpg

Nice mill- what kind? I like your bins- wish I had that many
What's that thing hanging on the DRO power cord?

Back