Canned (compressed) Air In The Shop

If you really want to cool a part off quickly, just hold the can upside down. It works just like the "Freeze-it" type cans. In fact, both are pretty much the same stuff, one just has a long pickup tube to spary the liquid instead of the gas.

It says right on the can not to shake and NOT TO turn the can up side down.

I keep halogen containing materials out of my shop with the exception of aluminum welding flux and silver solder flux which contain fluorine, a necessary evil. For air I simply use AIR.
So no PVC, no Teflon, no salt...

I never looked up what salt was. I only knew the sodium part of it. I myself would prefer to keep the salt out of my shop tho. I'm happy with it at the dinner table. It makes a mess of it contacts iron.

ETA: Which kind of salt are we talking about?

I have air at each machine in the shop. I plumbed the fixed air lines in copper, easier to keep it leak free than using pipe with screw together fittings. I also have 2 hose reels, one with a shutoff valve and the other not. The only air loss is due to the one hose reel and is very slight. My compressor very seldom cycles when I am not in the shop, maybe once or twice a week, so I leave it on all the time. The only time I shut off the main breaker is when I leave town for a trip and that's only to prevent the compressor running constant if I had a major failure to a hose. Works for me.

I have air at each machine in the shop. I plumbed the fixed air lines in copper, easier to keep it leak free than using pipe with screw together fittings. I also have 2 hose reels, one with a shutoff valve and the other not. The only air loss is due to the one hose reel and is very slight. My compressor very seldom cycles when I am not in the shop, maybe once or twice a week, so I leave it on all the time. The only time I shut off the main breaker is when I leave town for a trip and that's only to prevent the compressor running constant if I had a major failure to a hose. Works for me.

EXCELLENT!

Back