BXA tool holders

Arrived intact. Medium Flat Rate, and it actually was _not_ all beat up.
Quality is the same as the AXA's I bought back in November.
One interesting piece is the "250-101XL" I bought. It's labeled 'Hess' and it's quality is very nice. Size is also impressive. Wish now that I'd bought two more.
One thing I noticed last night and this applies to all of the ?XA import holders that I have, and that's the knurled nuts are rather wiggly-wobbly, not a very snug thread at all.
The two holders at the bottom of the picture are a couple of used Phase II's that I got with the Aloris.
1518371982954.png Here's a pict of the new MC-C screw vs. a used one out of Phase II holder.

BXA01_r.jpg.......BXA16_r.jpg.........BXA14_r.jpg1518372147943.png..........1518372165783.png

Hi
Yes the Hess ones i have are nice, in AXA & BXA.
The Hess have a V in the bottom, the flat bottom ones are just as nice, from AIT.
They all came from All Industrial Tool, but my last lot came from Banggood, they do not do the XL ones,
they are as nice, as the Hess ones, from AIT, & only £15 delivered in the UK, and only have a 16mm or 5/8 slot.
I have 15 BXA holders, i think that is all i will need, lol
jeff

Here's an observation of some of the used holders I picked up with my BXA and some washer choices.
There were (2) 250-201 Phase II's. I understand that they are several years old.
I cleaned them up and put the new dog point SS's from McMaster-Carr into them.
Hope I don't have to set the knurl too low. It hits the set screws. They don't on the new holders from AI.
-=-
Also I bought a couple of packs of different style 'wave' and belleville washers from Mc-C.
The bottom one is a used one off a PhaseII, pretty wore out.
2nd from the bottom is one in better condition.
The 3rd up is a 3/8" Wave washer - looks real light weight. Don't think it would do much. bad buy.
The top one is a belleville type. These have potential I believe. I put one on each of the PhaseII's when I was cleaning them up and they seem to me to 'set' better.
0218181815-R.jpg
0218181811a-R.jpg

Hi
Yes the Hess ones i have are nice, in AXA & BXA.
The Hess have a V in the bottom, the flat bottom ones are just as nice, from AIT.
They all came from All Industrial Tool, but my last lot came from Banggood, they do not do the XL ones,
they are as nice, as the Hess ones, from AIT, & only £15 delivered in the UK, and only have a 16mm or 5/8 slot.
I have 15 BXA holders, i think that is all i will need, lol
jeff
Most vendors of quick change tool holders sell both V bottom and flat bottom holders as separate part numbers, with the V bottom ones costing slightly more than the flat ones. I like having both.

I really don't care for the v-bottoms. I have a fair number of the big block boring bar holders and I made adapter bushings to allow them to hold smaller diameter boring bars. That tends to be a lot more secure IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I see this is an old thread but didn't see this info and it would have helped me to have learned this earlier in my tool purchasing.

I have around 40 of the Accusize tool holders. I am very pleased with them. Their set screws and the elevation screws are garbage though. Around $20 each they are cheaper than what it would be worth to me to make my own. They have even been ground.

They hold up well enough that I have resized them to take 1" tools as well.

@Jason33a55s I've had the same experience, and just bought first rate set screws and replaced the lot. I intend to buy the few XL holders I need from Shars, as I only need one or 2...

Back