Buying from eBay

Alcap

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I made a new cross slide screw and wanted to try making some cross slide nuts , one for the Clausing 5900 the other my Chinese bench lathe which I would use the extra stock . Right now it has some goofy pitch , not quite metric nor imperial . I could buy new nuts for the Clausing most likely cheaper then the tap and material for one but trying to justify getting a tap off eBay . I never ordered anything that wasn’t from a warehouse n the USA. , is they reason for concern? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...TitleDesc=0&_odkw=5+8+-+10+acme+tap&_osacat=0. Looking at these

Use PayPal and you are covered if they fail to deliver. Quality is an unknown but brass or bronze should be relatively easy cutting. Since you can make the screw, you can adjust clearances to fit what the tap makes.
There is one other thing to consider: The European version that looks a lot like an ACME is just different enough to not fit with a US ACME.

I made a new cross slide screw and wanted to try making some cross slide nuts , one for the Clausing 5900 the other my Chinese bench lathe which I would use the extra stock . Right now it has some goofy pitch , not quite metric nor imperial . I could buy new nuts for the Clausing most likely cheaper then the tap and material for one but trying to justify getting a tap off eBay . I never ordered anything that wasn’t from a warehouse n the USA. , is they reason for concern? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...TitleDesc=0&_odkw=5+8+-+10+acme+tap&_osacat=0. Looking at these
i have had mostly good luck.

I don’t have PayPal, would Discover be ok ? Maybe it’s time to look into getting PayPal

Oh , I bought 3’ of the 5/8” 10LH stock

I think ebay is now accepting other forms of payment. Ebay also offers buyer protection. Many credit cards do too.

eBay just refunded my money and took care of return shipping for a motor that arrived poorly packaged, damaged and misrepresented as new. It only took a couple of hours between clicking on "return this item" and getting a prepaid shipping label. I sent it back to the seller, then when it arrived further damaged, he complained to eBay and in less than an hour they reviewed the situation and confirmed my refund,

I never had to call anyone, no waiting on hold, etc. I did take pictures of the poor packaging and damage, that was pretty convincing.

Winegrower did you use a credit card or PayPal ?

Back