Bought Clausing 6900 series lathe, has 7/8-14 leveling bolts but no isolator feet

Super! When you started discussing degrees off of level I just wanted to make sure you knew that level to the world didn't have to be the goal. Dead level is probably easier than estimating portions of a bubble off, though.

Since ships were mentioned, I found out a couple of days ago that we may have a functional machine shop on the USS Texas again before too long. How cool would that be? Can you imagine machining on this?

View attachment 487911
If I could drive that far I would drive down to Corpus just to see that lathe. I would love to see it. Thanks for posting this picture.

If I could drive that far I would drive down to Corpus just to see that lathe. I would love to see it. Thanks for posting this picture.
Its actually at Gulf Copper Ship Yard near Galveston TX Currently. I hear rumor they are planning to make Galveston the USS Texas's new home, Know anything about that David2011?

Its actually at Gulf Copper Ship Yard near Galveston TX Currently. I hear rumor they are planning to make Galveston the USS Texas's new home, Know anything about that David2011?
Didn't it used to be in Corpus? Or is my feeble mind lost somewhere else.

Didn't it used to be in Corpus? Or is my feeble mind lost somewhere else.
The Lexington in in Corpus, the Texas was located at the San Jacinta Battle ground across from the Monument technically In Houston.

The Lexington in in Corpus, the Texas was located at the San Jacinta Battle ground across from the Monument technically In Houston.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I knew I saw a big boat in Corpus so just assumed it was the Texas.

Wow that's an awesome picture and context! Thanks for the background on that! I will hopefully take some test cuts tomorrow now that I have it dialed in a bit more reasonably.

The ship will be moored at Pier 21 on the Galveston Ship Channel, directly across the channel from where the repairs are being done at Gulf Copper. That's between the cruise ship docks and where the tall ship Elissa is moored. The agreement is pending finalization right now.

This is a picture looking south from Pelican Island toward Galveston Island taken before the ship was put back in the water, still sitting in the dry dock. She has since been moved to the pier in the area marked by the heavy yellow outline. Pier 21 is across the channel and the ship's new home will be in the light yellow outline.

Gulf Copper and Pier 21 Destination.jpg

Back