Better machines project

Never owned a Craftsman saw. What are accessories like table inserts like if you had to buy? I have a unisaw and Delta contractors saw, after market has them pretty well covered if needed. Like them both, the unisaw more because of dust collection.

I have a Unisaw and love it. If you can find one cheap they are the cream of the crop. I also have a Makita track saw and also love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love a Unisaw, but space and layout is an issue. I can manhandle my Craftman saw, and break it down for more compactness if necessary. Unisaw would pretty much own its space. Unisaw seems to be the woodworkers version of "buy a Bridgeport". :grin:

Last edited:
Never owned a Craftsman saw. What are accessories like table inserts like if you had to buy? I have a unisaw and Delta contractors saw, after market has them pretty well covered if needed. Like them both, the unisaw more because of dust collection.

"Craftsman" table saw covers a huge range, there must have been at least 6 different major manufacturers over the years so which particular model makes a big difference.

Delta was basically of the king of the home wood shop, so even the popular Craftsman saws suffer in comparison, but there seems to be pretty good support for the Craftsman 113 series, and some Delta accessories can be used with it.

BTW Unisaw was ... not now the standard. For me a Powermatic 66 was the standard. much higher finish..
Now the standard is Saw Stop (which festool just bought a couple of years ago I read in the news). The reason is quality.. no skimping, and safety. The blade stops before doing damage. Expensive yes. Worth it.. absolutely.. no corners are cut on the saw.

does ?? in reference to the track or to the tilt cutting on the same line?
The Tilt(cutting a bevel) pivot point is the cut line. IE, the rubber antisplinter strip (on the track) is cut the first pass and if beveled the saw will cut to the same line. This is if you use the same blade. If you change blades for different types of cuts then you need to put on a new anti splinter strip and recut unless you have a dewalt. Their tracks are dual sided so you can use one side for one blade, and the other side for another.

Also you can run a dewalt saw down a festool and makita(same dimensions as festool) tracks, but not vise versa.

The only drawback to a contractor style saw is dust collection is pretty challenging to implement.
My dust collection is more like dust dispersion by way of wind.
I dug in to Youtube, and the urge to replace it finally subsided. I guess I'll just implement some modifications to this saw, and run it till it fails. I'll keep my eyes out for a belt driven saw in the meantime. Thanks for all the thoughts and details guys.

A bit reluctant to post this as it may be a bit blasphemous...... haha.

But,100$ Cman 10"'ers do make nice mid stroke sliders. Cut them just outside of the left hand miter slot.

There's two Cman's in this setup. Left(in pic) keeps a dado head on it. Right one is the slider. And for the record,we have a pretty durn nice XY vertical that's used for panel cutting. This setup isn't about large pieces. There's a 8" jointer hiding on the side of the big saw.

5HP shop vac hides under the MDF connector cover,that does a great job on over blade dust. The over arm is hinged and height adj.

Just figured y'all liked pics?

Screenshot_20220421-052038_Gallery.jpg

Back