Best Cutting Fluid??

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
What is the best, inexpensive bulk cutting fluid you can buy. Don't care if you have to mix it or not, just want a good reasonable priced fluid that can be had in 1-5 gallon quantity.

the box stores carry -Rigid brand Dark Cutting Fluid it's smelly but works very well and is relatively inexpensive. it's great for machining iron bearing materials
Rapid Tap & WD40 will work for aluminum

pipe cutting oil is made for deep cutting steel...works good for most everything steel.

I want a cutting fluid, and pipe cutting oil is fine with me, so is there an inexspensive option??

Started out using pipe threading oil from the plumbing department. Been using the Mobil cutting oil from Enco and seems to be working fine. I still use kerosene for aluminum and keep a jar of old bacon grease that works well on some materials.

Kerosene for everything except tapping where I use used motor oil. Motor oil can be a health risk, so I only use it where it won't smoke/vaporize and I don't let it sit on my hands for long periods.

I picked up a pint of Oatey dark cutting/threading oil at Lowe's last week. I've used it for turning, threading and milling so far and I really like it. It's cheaper than Tap Magic Pro tapping fluid and works great for everything.
Roy

Back