Bed & Bore Mill gets a machine addition!

He looks just like her, the vet said she was just a shepherd mix, lol. Great looking companions!

I thought you were going to move the cabinet by the mill. If you do the shaper will fit there easily with room besides . Then you press can come back to its spot , you said you didn't like that set up. I vote keep the cabinet with the shaper , nice casters will let it move out of the way at anytime . I'm putting them on every machine I own. With leveling bolts to the floor where needed. That way everything can be cleaned around when needed. Good score on the shaper , if I ever get the money and can arrange it I'll have one to go with my planer. I'm pretty sure I've got everything to get all my machines back into working ones. Even the RPC , isolators came to keep it quiet. All I have to do is frame it wire it up mount the casters and plug and go. Ill get my friend to run the overhead wires with drop downs then ill wire the rest. If I wasn't stuck in this DERN wheelchair I'd have been done years ago. YUPP nice looking set up , I agree you shop says stay out here. Also says if you make me dirty I won't like it. Shop protection looks good on guard .

Is that Border Collie smiling?

Will, it looks like that space was made just for the shaper on the cabinet and your dog agrees!

Just curious; will the press fit in the closet?

That is turning into a beautiful shop, Wildo!

Just curious; will the press fit in the closet?

Actually, this is my thought as well. I still have some house hold junk in the closet that I need to clean out and/or sell, but once the closet is emptied, I'm thinking that could be a nice home for the press! Perhaps I'll put it on casters so I can wheel it out when needed. Good idea, indeed!

(And yes, my BC is always smiling! She's a SUPER fun dog!)

If the press will fit in sideways, save the rest of the space in the closet for storage if you can. As you go along, you'll accumulate accessories for all your machines and I absolutely guarantee that storage will become an issue, if it hasn't already.

Glad you have all those nice pictures of your shop. One day, you'll look back at them and remember when you could actually walk to each machine via a clear path. You think I jest, eh?

Yea plus if you put the press where the shaper is it will block the view of the TV

Yea plus if you put the press where the shaper is it will block the view of the TV

The idea with the TV is that I can watch YouTube since I'm basically teaching myself machining via YT videos. I also intend to purchase Tubalcain's machine shop courses (which come on a USB drive) and hope that the TV can play them directly.

It's a small H-frame press from Harbor Freight. I cut one side of the legs off so that it sets closer to the wall. It actually fits quite nicely. No recent pics, but it looks like this:
DSC_2448_rdc_zpsgvd5thfx.jpg

I was just kidding. I will admit, I have a TV and beverage cooler in my shop too!

I also have that same press and outfitted it with wheels and some shelves to hold the dies and attachments. IMG_4611.JPG
I made a sturdier base from 2"x2" square tube that seemed to stiffen it up a bit.

Oh- I really like some of the ideas you have incorporated on that press! I also upgraded to the pneumatic jack. I'd like to get a better idea of how that shelf moves around so that you can use all positions of the table on the press. Or maybe you never adjust it- purpose built? Do you have a thread on these upgrades? I'd like to check it out!

The upper shelf is on pins that slide into the existing holes on the frame. If you need to move or remove the shelf, you just unplug it from the frame and move it to another set of holes. Here is a pic of it unplugged.

IMG_4610.JPG

The shelf on the bottom is part of the base and is not adjustable.
IMG_4589.JPG

I actually made another one of the adjustable shelves and leave it plugged into the back side of the frame. They fill up quick.

Back