Bandsaw Tire Adhesive Recommendation?

I have urethane tires on all my band saws, they do not need glue, they stretch to fit them on. A seller on E-bay can make them to any size you need. The metal bits do not seem embed in it like the rubber tires.

"Any suggestions for cleaning up the misc swarf and shavings?"
For mine: Metal putty knife to scrape all the accumulated gunk off of the wheels followed by acetone prior to gluing the new tires. I had to lightly sand a few stubborn spots. For the rest of the machine I used a couple old brushes and rags with kerosene. Mine had alternating layers of metal swarf and sawdust accumulation.

You can still find contact cement in glass bottles at some hardware stores, and it's not that expensive. I forget the brand....but it's surprisingly strong.

Will you replace the tires at the same time? A store like woodcraft would have them, because they're commonly used on woodworking bandsaws where the teeth have significantly more set and need some cushion against the wheels.

I have used PLIOBOND 25 for years and it has never let me down, it is also great for leather drive belts. The old stuff was not VOC compliant and the new stuff with the (25) designation is. (God save us from the idiots).

I have a 16inch DoAll band filer which has been used as a bandsaw for decades.
She cuts well!
The tires are not cracked or brittle. However, the upper tire is slipping.

Does anyone have recommendations for cleaning and re-gluing?

Thank you,
Daryl
MN
I also have a band filer that I have not used in 6 years and was thinking of converting it to a metal cutting bandsaw, do you have any close up pictures of how you supported the guide rollers and thrust bearing. Don't think I'll ever make another die and need it so guess I'll make a saw out of it when time permits. thanks.

I'll take some pics.
When I got her she had already been changed over.
I suspect that the biggest difference is blade speed.
I'll get some pics.

Daryl
MN

Back