Bandsaw Tire Adhesive Recommendation?

Uglydog

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a 16inch DoAll band filer which has been used as a bandsaw for decades.
She cuts well!
The tires are not cracked or brittle. However, the upper tire is slipping.

Does anyone have recommendations for cleaning and re-gluing?

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Daryl I put new tires on my DoAll converted band filer , the recommended glue was rubber contact cement. Stretch the tire on wet glue center it and let dry overnight .
You might want to check the top wheel bushing for play , make sure the grease zert hole is drilled thru the bushing , mine wasn't ! . My new tires are orange and work good
If the tire is trying to slip off the top free spinning wheel check the bushing for slop
Mine uses 114" blades , what size blades dose yours take ?.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It is now gray again

I used the rim cement that cyclists use for tubular (sew-up) tires. I was into cycling at the time and figured I'd try it on some very stretched bandsaw tires. Those suckers did not move for the next twenty years! Comes in a small tube. (not the same as tire repair cement, this is for gluing racing bicycle tires to the rims)

-frank

Last edited:
I used the rim cement that cyclists use for tubular (sew-up) tires. I was into cycling at the time and figured I'd try it on some very stretched bandsaw tires. Those suckers did not move for the next twenty years! Comes in a small tube. (not the same as tire repair cement, this is for gluing racing bicycle tires to the rims)
-frank

I wonder if my sew-up cement is still soft?
I think there are two tubes left.

Daryl
MN

contact cement...and not the water based **** water one

Sounds like multiple cheers for the messy stuff!

Daryl
MN

Daryl I put new tires on my DoAll converted band filer , the recommended glue was rubber contact cement. Stretch the tire on wet glue center it and let dry overnight .
You might want to check the top wheel bushing for play , make sure the grease zert hole is drilled thru the bushing , mine wasn't ! . My new tires are orange and work good
If the tire is trying to slip off the top free spinning wheel check the bushing for slop
Mine uses 114" blades , what size blades dose yours take ?.

Mine appears exactly the same. Well other than yours has a better paint job.
Mine came with half dozen blades. Thus, I haven't purchased any.
Someone has dutifully written inside the door 114".

Thanks for the pointers on gluing the tires!
Any suggestions for cleaning up the misc swarf and shavings?
Mineral spirits?

Daryl
MN

Barge All Purpose Cement

FINALLY THOUGHT OF THE BRAND

Back