Bandsaw - $250 (santa cruz) Now $100

Now that seems like a great deal. I see a big ram on the back side, is that a hydraulic lift?

If I had the space....

Do you have a saw? Granted that is somewhat of overkill, but like they say about houses it has good bones. I’m not sure it’s that much bigger than a 4x6. I don’t have room either but I keep running into these rare machines and shoe horning them in somehow. You have the added fortune/misfortune of it being in your own backyard:)

I have this one.

DSCN1363.JPG

works fine for cutting stock to length and only takes up a little space. My shop really isn't big enough for even a HF 4x6.

John

Never seen one of those. Is it abrasive or saw blade?

It's a small cold saw with a carbide tipped blade, runs at about 50 rpm and will cut both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, way better than an abrasive saw with sparks and metal dust. It makes a very clean cut and although it won't cut big stuff or work without me holding the handle I'm happy with it, especially since I got it free.

I do have a vertical bandsaw that my dad modified for cutting metal back in the 1960's but that's in Michigan now. This little guy will definitely work for what I need out here and doesn't take up much room at all :grin:

John

Low speed cold saws are an unknown to me, never been around or used one. I have cut aluminum on an old Hitachi 10” mitre saw and it was ok but incredibly messy. Lots of really fine aluminum dust the is no bueno at all. Never seen a small cold saw, looks very handy. What brand is it?

Coldsaws are a precision cutting saw. The one I used was a Brobo with dual air vises and flood coolant. It ran a HSS blade 14 in. diameter running at 40 and 80 rpm for cutting mild steel, aluminum and brass. When the blade is properly ground, they will cut square within a couple of thou. We used it to eliminate the need to mill the ends of parts with +/-.005 tolerance. With a good blade, I could hold +/-.002. Mistakes are expensive. At best the blade will lose a tooth requiring a major regrind, at worst the blade shatters. Blades were $130 in 1980. I remember because I paid for the third (and last) one I broke.

It's a small cold saw with a carbide tipped blade, runs at about 50 rpm and will cut both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, way better than an abrasive saw with sparks and metal dust. It makes a very clean cut and although it won't cut big stuff or work without me holding the handle I'm happy with it, especially since I got it free.
John

I think they call that a dry cut saw these days.

Back