Baldor Motor Help

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Anyone know the best way to take this what I assume was a pressure washer pump off the motor so I can get to the shaft ???20160305_000849.jpg

I guess I would remove the four 3/8 hex bolts on the pump adapter housing. My guess is that the pump will slide right off at that point. Looks like a standard C flange motor. The one thing that might be a bit different is that a lot of those pumps have a hex socket drive that the shaft slides into, so the motor may be a special with a hex shaft. I can't quite read the type number on the data plate so I can't look it up.

Looks like it's a standard 56C frame motor with a round 5/8 shaft.

Is there a name plate on the pump?
I do agree with Jim . remove the 4 bolts and slide it off, pack the pump up and send it to me.:laughing:

Last edited:
I removed the 4 bolts but it's not coming off I opened it and can't seem to find any set screw I was wondering if maybe there was something under this cap doesn't look like it comes off but am not sure ???20160305_205816.jpg

That 5/16 hex head bolt looks like it could be used for a jack screw. I think I see another boss 180° from the one on top. Maybe try a bolt in each and see what happens. The plug on the bottom looks like a blow out plug for overpressure.

If there is a set screw, it would be in a coupling in the pump adapter housing between the motor and the pump. Maybe a port on the bottom of the adapter housing?

Any idea what the pump portion would be worth ???

Back