Bad Sellers on EBay?

My son was selling some Thomas the Train items on my account and one of his pictures of the item for sale had some other items partially in the background. The is buyer purchased a train car for $6 then demanded the items shown in the background. I told him no that they were not fully in the frame and he could have his money back. He opened an investigation and eBay shot him down? No bad buying experiences so far for me.

That is the reason why my listings on eBay say Milling Machine not included in bold type 2 points larger then the rest of the text. I also frame my pictures carefully. Can you tell I have been on eBay for 17 years? I have seen just about every scam from both buyer and seller.

That is the reason why my listings on eBay say Milling Machine not included in bold type 2 points larger then the rest of the text. I also frame my pictures carefully. Can you tell I have been on eBay for 17 years? I have seen just about every scam from both buyer and seller.

Yes, lesson learned, but I was letting my son be an entrepreneur, and we both learned something. Why are people such scum bags?

One scam I consistently see on is eBay -- especially with smaller items -- is the photo will show two of the items making you think your are buying two items, but the fine print says the sale is only for one item. I really wish eBay would crack down on photos and make sellers use only photos of the actual item being sold.

Within the past month I ordered "Buy it now" items from two different sellers, paid up front, and never heard anything from the sellers despite repeated attempts to contact the. I should say in both cases eBay quickly responded to my complaints and my money was refunded.

On the other hand, one eBay seller recently refunded $6.35 in postage because the item was cheaper to ship than originally estimated. This was a total surprise and the seller got a glowing rating in return.

I just finished for the month with eBay as a seller... I am out of inventory :)

Some sellers don't stop selling when they have nothing on the shelf... Most of those sellers are in mainland China. Note when you order an item that it does not depart China for up to 2 weeks... Now you know why.

The other thing that happens is the seller does not even have the item. He has to order it from a warehouse and then either they send it to you or it goes to him then you. I had that happen a couple times through the years. It wasn't even shipped to me for 2 weeks. But in the listing it said I should get it by the end of the first week. Needless to say they did not get an excellent feedback.

Like some say, I've been very lucky and I've bought a LOT items. Ya, I have had 2 slow in shipping but still acceptable delivery times. Packaging, only 3 problems. Worst one, the cardboard box use in shambles and the 1/2" sides of the wood box holding a lathe tool was in splinters, tool...no sign of damage. In these cases I did not call on EBay for help.

there is a trend of some sellers sellingb items and simply turning around and ordering it from amazon and having it sent to you

The other bad side of eBay is poor shipping practices... I have here a modest example...

I ordered a 4 inch rotary table with a 4 inch chuck. The chuck includes another set of jaws and a chuck key. I though for sure the jaws and key were lost between here and Chicago but somehow they managed to stay in the box.
usmail.JPG

big heavy things i wrap the hell out of.....i use a spinning rig to tape it all sides.

Back