Anyone raise their lathe a few inches?

I want to make a block under the machine and pan so I can actually get under and clean it. I’m thinking 1” or 2”

I want to make a block under the machine and pan so I can actually get under and clean it. I’m thinking 1” or 2”

when you are free (and fully vaccinated) come by my shop and see what I've done.

when you are free (and fully vaccinated) come by my shop and see what I've done.
Hallo Dabbler.

I know this site is covid free,can I ask if you are willing to post a pic of what you have done? I am just interested to see what others have done. I raised my lathe with 8 HDPE 100mm×120mm round stock pieces slightly coned.

post a pic

I've been through 3 or 4 generations of spacers, and so I wanted to show him the old ones not in the machines, as well as the new one on my LeBlond lathe. I'll see what I can put together for a photo array next week.

In our modest city we have a machinist's group of about 150 members, with a local website, and (pre-covid) meetings. I wanted to get Richcan22 involved by meeting him...

Ok no worries. I didn't know about what you were planning. There is no haste. Have a good one Dabbler and stay safe.

I put 7/8" pads between the lathe and the pan on my Grizzly G0602. Although I had reasons other than providing clearance for cleaning, it vastly improved access. I used 7/8" steel plate for the risers.

Ok waiting for second jab will be later. Out of town working at the moment. I need to make nee pan and have some 1 1/4 plate was going to cut the same shape as the bottom base of machine. Would like some Lista shelving for underneath. Best cabinets I’ve found so far rated for 400 lbs each drawer.

I've been trying to buy lista cabinets for 20 years. always too much money for me. I almost got 2 cabinets for $250 each but it fell through.

Found one in Calgary $150 little rough shape but after getting it never heard of them but now I’ll be looking for more was some in Ontario $500 but shipping here was the problem

Attachments

• F1515C43-B78E-4695-9616-9F828BF27A98.jpeg
    F1515C43-B78E-4695-9616-9F828BF27A98.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17
you got a sweet deal! One went at auction a few months ago for 780$

Back