Anyone ever heard of fake kennedy tool boxes?

@shobe9904 I have been keeping all my metrology in their original cases. I am considering removing ALL the cases, and using cut away foam. I am going to have to designate one drawer for all the cases, and I won't throw them out!

If you choose to use cutaway foam (Kaizan and Shadow amongst others), you can reduce your headroom and make a 'second layer'. I prefer not to, so I buy more drawers! The foam is to make everything store better, and the original boxes are also wasteful in using up the acreage of the drawer, as well as the height.

@shobe9904 I have been keeping all my metrology in their original cases. I am considering removing ALL the cases, and using cut away foam. I am going to have to designate one drawer for all the cases, and I won't throw them out!
I'm going to set a Kennedy set up for the daughter with all the extra boxes here Dab . It may end up being 7' tall but she's a tall girl ! All her craft stuff will finally be in one place . :encourage:

If “they” think they can make money faking X the fake X will be out there

That looks damn familiar Shane ! :grin: The square as all other tools were in a foam cut out . If I had known , I would have shipped it .

Edit . You have more stuff coming , forgot about that . The foam is still downstairs and you can trim it up to suit that box .
Lol yeah man i love it, and the depth mics! I don't think i have anything else coming from you tho.. i think you might be mistaken. That square is going to get alot of use this week as i fabricate a stand for the CNC mill i have coming. Didn't have enough for an enclosure (actually only had enough for the mill because someone else canceled their order and i got a KILLER deal on it. $7k down to $4700) so I'm just going to start with a stand and slowly build an enclosure around it as i get the money/material. Will be posting alot here in the coming weeks of me building the stand, and setting up the machine. I'm beyond excited.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

@Dabbler @mmcmdl Cut away foam is an excellent idea! I think that's what I'll do. Can't believe i didn't think of that! It's always the simplest solutions that are the most elusive lol. How do you guys recommend cutting the shapes/cavities out of the foam?

Shane , I have a piece that will fit the top of your box . I'll pack it with your other stuff in it when shipped .

@Dabbler @mmcmdl Cut away foam is an excellent idea! I think that's what I'll do. Can't believe i didn't think of that! It's always the simplest solutions that are the most elusive lol. How do you guys recommend cutting the shapes/cavities out of the foam?

I got a cheap thermal foam cutter on Amazon. It works amazing, no smoke and easy clean-up. EPP (expanded polypropylene) is the way to go, tough and durable stuff.

In 1973 I bought a Craftsman Sears tool box. The only difference was a logo on the front. Same paint, drawers and lock as your picture. Maybe a Sears box that someone signed Kennedy on it ? It made me smile to see it, so many years later. I still have that box in my shop.

Lol yeah man i love it, and the depth mics! I don't think i have anything else coming from you tho.. i think you might be mistaken.
Yes , got you mixed up with someone else , but glad you're happy Shane :) .

Back