Anyone ever heard of fake kennedy tool boxes?

In 1973 I bought a Craftsman Sears tool box. The only difference was a logo on the front. Same paint, drawers and lock as your picture. Maybe a Sears box that someone signed Kennedy on it ? It made me smile to see it, so many years later. I still have that box in my shop.
So you've seen a craftsman sears box that looked just like a kennedy? That's pretty cool actually lol. There's no evidence anywhere of any other ever being on the box, but i guess it's a possibility. Either way it's a great box. Couldn't be happier with it. Needs a little restoring (not much, and mostly just for aesthetic purposes) but for $75 i can't complain haha.

So you've seen a craftsman sears box that looked just like a kennedy? That's pretty cool actually lol. There's no evidence anywhere of any other ever being on the box, but i guess it's a possibility. Either way it's a great box. Couldn't be happier with it. Needs a little restoring (not much, and mostly just for aesthetic purposes) but for $75 i can't complain haha.
Those are Kennedy boxes, but made for Sears. plastic inserts with flocking vs wool liner, different locks...

Those are Kennedy boxes, but made for Sears. plastic inserts with flocking vs wool liner, different locks...

Waterloo also made Kennedy look-alike boxes for Craftsman...

20230325_114830.jpg

20230325_114901.jpg

The easiest way to tell them apart....? The Waterloo has a single-wall front cover... all Kennedys had a double wall front.

There are a lot more Waterloo/ Craftsman boxes out there than Kennedy/ Craftsman boxes I believe.

-Bear

Speaking of Kennedy boxes...
I have this raggedy old Kennedy that I got at an auction several years ago. It's an oldy and only slightly cool but it still serves my purposes as a drill press box - chuck keys, countersinks, center and spotting drills, mis matched bits, etc.
Anyway, just yesterday I contrived this hanger for it so it's next to my drill press.

Attachments

• 226202433122.jpg
    226202433122.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 22620243316.jpg
    22620243316.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 2252024171118.jpg
    2252024171118.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 13
Ahhh yeah not mine then. Mine has the wool/felt liners, and has a double wall front panel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Speaking of Kennedy boxes...
I have this raggedy old Kennedy that I got at an auction several years ago. It's an oldy and only slightly cool but it still serves my purposes as a drill press box - chuck keys, countersinks, center and spotting drills, mis matched bits, etc.
Anyway, just yesterday I contrived this hanger for it so it's next to my drill press.
Wooooah. That's really cool. Both the shelf and the box. Never seen one with an old stamp/logo on it like that, but like I've stated i know next to nothing about these old boxes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

In 1973 I bought a Craftsman Sears tool box. The only difference was a logo on the front. Same paint, drawers and lock as your picture. Maybe a Sears box that someone signed Kennedy on it ? It made me smile to see it, so many years later. I still have that box in my shop.

Kennedy reportedly made a few boxes for Sears, but most of the Sears machinist boxes were made by Park, and they look similar enough to be confusing.

Rick “had a Craftsman machinist chest back in the day that was thought to be a Kennedy but was probably a Park” Denney

Back