Anyone Else Use CME Tools??

I checked out CME tools. The prices look okay but I have a question? Looked at their special promos and they have mitutoyo caliper sets for a fairly good price. 0-6" set for 124.00. The problem I have is looking at the description it says "mitutoyo style caliper set". Are they mitutoyo or not trying to look at pictures they look like them but cannot be 100%. What do you all think? It's a good price and I'd bite if their mitutoyos.
I think you might mean micrometer set, instead of calipers. In any case, the CME “Mitutoyo style” set is not Mitutoyo brand. Real Mitutoyo 0-6” mic set will run you ~$900. I suppose they are “Mitutoyo style” because both are “C” shaped and have handles. ;)

Tom

I think you might mean micrometer set, instead of calipers. In any case, the CME “Mitutoyo style” set is not Mitutoyo brand. Real Mitutoyo 0-6” mic set will run you ~$900. I suppose they are “Mitutoyo style” because both are “C” shaped and have handles. ;)

Tom

Yes I did mean micrometer sorry guys. And yes a set of 0-6” mitutoyo mics cost near a thousand from what I’ve seen. In the pictures they show they have a 0-3” set and looks like mitutoyos at least from I can read. But the 0-6 color is off from the mitutoyo baby blue. With that price they can’t be mitutoyo.

I have some things from CME. Prices have been very competitive with Chinese stuff that has no name on them. They are imports so they have the propensity to be a "kit".
As Nutfarmer states: Quality is a gamble on any of the China imports. Some times it's good and other times it's scrap . Too bad they hit him that hard but we all make that gamble when buying "cheap" imports.
My results have been better with importers that are willing to put their name on the product, But even that can be a gamble so it comes back to what kind of mood the person in the customer service dept. is in the day you need them and how much "management cares"
That ad is definitely NOT for legitimate Mitutoyo mics

I struck out with a D-4 5C collet chuck from them. Run out was so far out you don't need a dual indicator to see it. The best they would do was take 50 dollars off the price. Any one want a door stop that looks like A chuck. Quality is a gamble on any of the China imports. Some times it's good and other times it's scrap .

Sorry about the thread necromancy, but Ive been looking at some tooling from them...

@Nutfarmer , why wouldn't you just send it back?
Directly from website states their no hassle return policy:

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

If you are not 100% satisfied for any reason, just return the unused item(s) and the receipt within 30 days of purchase for a replacement, exchange, full credit or refund.

Then with that if they didn't simply refund you simply file a dispute with your CC company?
But if you knew this and they were just a hassle, please let everyone know.

That said i do notice a lot of old timers not even thinking about returning items that are even straight up broken... I too tend not to want to return goods but you should at least get what you were promised.

Last edited:
I like CME. It’s a top notch outfit in my opinion. Service is great and I have never felt that they were deceptive in their advertising. Fair prices too. I’m pretty sure I have purchased every one of my chuck backing plates from them. They even have fair prices on L-00 backing plates.

I’ve been happy with the stuff I’ve bought from them off EBay. R8 Er32 collet holders, tapping head, and 5/8 roughing end mills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been happy with the stuff I’ve bought from them off EBay. R8 Er32 collet holders, tapping head, and 5/8 roughing end mills.

I was looking at a set of R8 collets myself, only I've was put off when they didn't even list the TIR on the product page, how was the runout on your holders?

Ah okay those roughing end mills are M2AL I believe.
The non roughing standard HSS end mills are listed as just M2 but sure are cheap, have any experience with those?

Last edited:
Runout was under .0005 with import ER32 collets.

They knew what the cost of the return postage was going to cost me . What they offered was only a part refund. They did not offer to pay freight or full refund. With any China tooling it's a gamble some times you win and other times it's junk. With China tooling if it fits the box it ships. Quality control doesn't happen. The backing plate of the chuck was so far out that the locating pins were ground to assemble the chuck. This had to have been done at the factory. It was shipped to the distributor this way ,because there was no way to assemble the chuck with unaltered pins.

Attachments

• 1639842057063-2142273783.jpg
    1639842057063-2142273783.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 29
They knew what the cost of the return postage was going to cost me . What they offered was only a part refund. They did not offer to pay freight or full refund. With any China tooling it's a gamble some times you win and other times it's junk. With China tooling if it fits the box it ships. Quality control doesn't happen. The backing plate of the chuck was so far out that the locating pins were ground to assemble the chuck. This had to have been done at the factory. It was shipped to the distributor this way ,because there was no way to assemble the chuck with unaltered pins.
So did you pay by money order or check? Cuz your credit card company would make short work of a published guarantee like that.

Back