Anyone Else Use CME Tools??

got a set of imperial ER25 collets from them off ebay. They're ok, nice fit and finish, average (but within specs) runout. Basic import tooling that has gone through some QC to avoid some of the worst screwups that you find with cheap chinese tools. Haven't had enough experience with them to offer a more thorough opinion, though I'd view them as similar to Shars.

I just ordered (5) 1/2” carbide end mills and few other bits and bobs, hopefully based on previous orders, I will have it by next weekend.

I bought an 8" set true chuck from them and a set of 5c collets. No issues with either.

Bruce

I’ve bought some things from CME. I think they had L-00 backing plates at a reasonable price. Back about 2 years ago, L-00 plates were impossible to find. When one showed up on EBay, it was 200.00 just for a used backing plate. After some searches I found CME had good stock of new Asian L-00 plates for under a hundred bucks. I think I picked up 3 from them and one new 8” 3-jaw chuck. I received good service from CME. Them and All-Industrial are both good in my opinion.

I struck out with a D-4 5C collet chuck from them. Run out was so far out you don't need a dual indicator to see it. The best they would do was take 50 dollars off the price. Any one want a door stop that looks like A chuck. Quality is a gamble on any of the China imports. Some times it's good and other times it's scrap .

I checked out CME tools. The prices look okay but I have a question? Looked at their special promos and they have mitutoyo caliper sets for a fairly good price. 0-6" set for 124.00. The problem I have is looking at the description it says "mitutoyo style caliper set". Are they mitutoyo or not trying to look at pictures they look like them but cannot be 100%. What do you all think? It's a good price and I'd bite if their mitutoyos.

I checked out CME tools. The prices look okay but I have a question? Looked at their special promos and they have mitutoyo caliper sets for a fairly good price. 0-6" set for 124.00. The problem I have is looking at the description it says "mitutoyo style caliper set". Are they mitutoyo or not trying to look at pictures they look like them but cannot be 100%. What do you all think? It's a good price and I'd bite if their mitutoyos.

Not sure what a mitutoyo caliper set is but a 0-6” real mitutoyo caliper only costs $99 typically and I’ve seen it cheaper.

Back