Anyone Else Use CME Tools??

They knew what the cost of the return postage was going to cost me . What they offered was only a part refund. They did not offer to pay freight or full refund. With any China tooling it's a gamble some times you win and other times it's junk. With China tooling if it fits the box it ships. Quality control doesn't happen. The backing plate of the chuck was so far out that the locating pins were ground to assemble the chuck. This had to have been done at the factory. It was shipped to the distributor this way ,because there was no way to assemble the chuck with unaltered pins.
That’s worse than most. I’ve had some poorly made China crud…. But that takes the case.

They knew what the cost of the return postage was going to cost me . What they offered was only a part refund. They did not offer to pay freight or full refund. With any China tooling it's a gamble some times you win and other times it's junk. With China tooling if it fits the box it ships. Quality control doesn't happen. The backing plate of the chuck was so far out that the locating pins were ground to assemble the chuck. This had to have been done at the factory. It was shipped to the distributor this way ,because there was no way to assemble the chuck with unaltered pins.
Well sorry for your loss. But again in all seriousness, they have a clear description of their money back guarantee on their site. If they did not oblige, contacting your credit card company, opening a dispute and pointing to the online guarantee would have made short work of your claim. Adding any tolerance statement and a video of the resulting runout would help seal the deal.

I know there are some unscrupulous vendors out there and since try hard to get out without a loss so you must stand your ground. But when they supply tolerances and a guarantee they know that they aren't going to win and usually make good on their promise.

That said I just ordered from CME, and whaddya know they screwed up my order. My issue was both missing items they had in stock, and also being refunded for items or of stock but not being refunded for the additional shipping of those items not sent.
Several back and forth emails with a rep got me no where then I called and settled the matter favorably with someone based here in the US.

I'm going to buy from them again when they get the missing parts on stock. I don't think you can buy import angle or adjustable blocks anywhere cheaper.

I had that same D4 5C collet chuck, came with my first lathe. Eventually I learned there the collet chuck is only good if it's is repeatable beyond my ability to notice tir. It wasn't and I stopped using it. But today CME sells it for 139$, I can only imagine what it went for before inflation kicked in but if you're total cost was 89$ after refund, might it actually been worth it for a fixer upper?

anyway clough42 on yt has a good review on it if anyone is considering it.

I bought a bunch of different size carbide endmills from them. So far so good.

Well sorry for your loss. But again in all seriousness, they have a clear description of their money back guarantee on their site. If they did not oblige, contacting your credit card company, opening a dispute and pointing to the online guarantee would have made short work of your claim. Adding any tolerance statement and a video of the resulting runout would help seal the deal.

The money back guarantee says nothing about the seller paying return shipping.

Neither VISA/MC or your issuer will look at any photos or videos you send. If upon getting the chargeback the seller wants to play hardball they can, all they need to do is kick it back with "item has not been returned" and that will immediately cause a rebill. If you want to get a refund and have the seller pay shipping, you need to prove that it is defective. Again, neither VISA/MC nor your card issuer will look at any photos or videos you take. If you contact your card issuer they will tell you that in order to prevail you will need to (at your own cost) obtain one, ideally two appraisals from a recognized expert third party, on company letter head, attesting to the item being defective.

The above is from personal experience. Applies to PayPal also. Does not apply to eBay (unless you choose to escalate to your card issuer).

Back