Any Bolts, nuts and washers storage ideas?

I still have a couple of plastic drawer boxes that I've had since I was still a kid (the first time around)
when almost everything I was working on was 6-32, 8-32, 10-32, and 1/4-28,20. Since then, I've collected
variety of of storage drawer boxes all of which I never had to buy, other people's trash. Today
I am in need of from 0-80 through Many of these drawers are still partially filled with the same screws, a lot of
cadmium plated round headed screws. Now I'm in need of a much larger variety of screws in metric and US
sizes and most every material and head profile available. Larger stock is kept in coffee cans, or their original
boxes. My big problem now is now where in the blazes are my 10-24 x 5/8 stainless steel flat torque head screw?
I'm always dreaming of making a directory of every type of fastener that I have, but thats only an old mans dream.

IMG_8637.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

IMG_8640.JPG

IMG_8641.JPG

IMG_8642.JPG

I see couple of you suggest Harbour Freight but where i leave in europe we do not have Harbour Freight, ordinary hardware stores have only small plastic containers and are expensive.

I see couple of you suggest Harbour Freight but where i leave in europe we do not have Harbour Freight, ordinary hardware stores have only small plastic containers and are expensive.

Try a fisherman or outdoor supply store. The plastic containers I use are primary design for that.

Good suggestion Dan_S, not many of those around also but will check.

Don't cheap out buy a good metal bin you won't regret it. I did. I used to have several cardboard stockroom bins. I replaced it with a 72 bin metal unit91Or5J1VBUL._SX602_.jpg

We have almost all of the options...

One is a steel frame that has full extension drawer slides with steel frame plywood platforms with assorted boxes and bins that allow organization while another book cabinet has a bunch of plastic boxes once was used for eyeglasses as stackable boxes full of sorted stuff.

Folgers coffee at costco or sams has good container for odd things as well as cleaning or other bucket details.

Recently picked up a bin cart that the plastic bins hang in and it is the cats meow but bins hard to find for cheap....
In a pinch an old file cabinet works well.

Estate and yard sales often find good things but it takes many years.

For get where I bought the yellow plastic bins,but I know they were cheap. I built the red frame from wood and it’s lasted 12 yrs so far.
Theirs a track in back of the bins that they clip on. You can still pull them out to take to bench if needed.
Thanks Ron365F44C5-85B5-43BA-921C-7714AEFBCBBF.jpegA566B0BC-62D6-46F8-8E80-51AD490A1DBE.jpeg

I use the big metal bins like aliva posted but I riveted a couple of sections from an old tape measure to the face of it so u can easily measure the length of bolts etc. It makes quick work out of sorting out and storing all those jars of random fasteners. I also keep a small bucket under the bench where I do a lot of diss assembling and throw any good hardware there and can sort some or all of it out when time permits.

Reactions: Z2V
Back