Annular cutters or drill bits?

That's just the cat's meow Terry. I love it. Cheers, Mike

That is the poster child for over-kill! It’s fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wowsers! Very nice idea. Is it powered? If so, how many horsepower?
Kinda reminds me of the wire spool racks they have at Home Depot stores, and something similar I seem to recall seeing at a Walmart.

Stan, that ain't nowhere NEAR being overkill. If tjb really wanted to get fancy, he could rig up a tablet (with an inventory data base) and Arduino, that could control the powered motion and automatically deliver his selection to the front bottom. Maybe even a set of lights below, one per jar, with the correct one illuminated to show him where to pick ;~)

Let me know if you ever want to try an annular cutter, I have a decent selection of them and I'm not too far from Madison.

That is the poster child for over-kill! It’s fantastic!

Thanks. As you may suspect, the project started 'small' but just kept growing and growing. You wouldn't believe what I considered. Had to draw the line, though. Didn't have enough wall space.

Regards,
Terry

Kinda reminds me of the wire spool racks they have at Home Depot stores, and something similar I seem to recall seeing at a Walmart.

Stan, that ain't nowhere NEAR being overkill. If tjb really wanted to get fancy, he could rig up a tablet (with an inventory data base) and Arduino, that could control the powered motion and automatically deliver his selection to the front bottom. Maybe even a set of lights below, one per jar, with the correct one illuminated to show him where to pick ;~)
Thanks, John. The wire spool rack at Lowe's is exactly where I got the idea. And your comments about 'overkill': I have a friend that is an equipment maintenance supervisor for a large production factory. I showed it to him, and he is anxiously trying to talk me into doing EXACTLY what you suggested! Ain't gonna happen: THAT would be overkill.

Regards,
Terry

Let me know if you ever want to try an annular cutter, I have a decent selection of them and I'm not too far from Madison.
Thanks, Jason. Would love to try one of those at some point.

I'm occasionally in the Milledgeville area, and I'll PM you next time I head that way. You do the same if you're ever up here.

What'd you decide on the two killer deals you're considering?

Regards,
Terry

John,

P.S.: It is not yet powered yet, but I plan for it to be. I had a parallel thread running to this one asking for advice on what style motor to get for it. The rack is fairly simple to move by hand, so high horsepower is not necessary. The general consensus was to get a motor with high torque and metal gears. I ended up buying two: a 12Vdc/5RPM and a 24Vdc/11RPM. (Not sure which RPM makes the most sense. I'll need to do some experimenting.) I need to get 'power supplies' to convert 120Vac to the respective dc currents. We'll see how that goes.

Regards,
Terry

Lol, that would be pretty amazing

Back