Aloris Keeps Sending Me Scuffed Tool Holders

He said the only time cosmetic appearance is a concern is if it will be seen by the public,
The public in this case would be Erik. And he has all his holders in front of him all the time.

As a seller you face a steep slope to explain away shoddy workmanship of any kind. If the finish is on the holders for a reason then do it right or not at all, or your customers will be wondering what other standards you have also relaxed.

Paying a premium price usually gets you more, not less.

Last edited:
Really?
I wash and wax my cars regularly, along with normal maintenance. It shows pride in ownership.

I could not care less about the theory of pride of ownership, I need it to start and to stop when needed. I buy new GM vans, run them for 175,000 to 225,000 miles (based on the last 5 vans), then send them down the road. They have high mileage, but are structurally and mechanically sound, carpenters, floor people, painters and landscapers are standing in line to snap up the hulks. But that’s just me, if I had a collectible car, it might be different, but as I don’t, they get washed, every time it rains.

I'd send them back in a heartbeat. You pay a premium for top shelf USA made product, that's what you should get. Just don't understand putting out half assed work like that.

If talking with the Customer Service rep is not getting you what you are asking for, I would escalate it to a manager.

Update (email exchange):

Me:
"Thanks for sending another replacement. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. Do you know the tracking number for the replacement tool holder?
I will cancel the PayPal claim as soon as I get a tool holder with an adequate finish, as well as send back this one with the poor finish on the bottom.
Did you guys notice that the finish is good on all sides except for the bottom? I understand the gold lines where it may have been on a rack while it is getting blued; that is not a problem because the bare steel is protected from corrosion.
It is the scuffing and flakes that caused me to complain because, as you know, the bare steel could well lead to exposure to humidity and resultant corrosion (pitting)."

Aloris Customer Service:
"We see a claim was put through NO claim should go through Paypal per management since you are dealing direct with the factory (Aloris Tool) and this item is being sent again no charge. If any credit is to be issued this will be done directly with Aloris Tool. The bottom of our holders will never be perfect when black finished. If you would like to know the procedure you can contact our production manager. Please make sure these holds are sent back or you will be charged accordingly.

The holder will shipped via UPS no charge today 12/16/20 since UPS did not pick up at our facility yesterday."

And then they sent an image of the Picking List that includes the tracking number.

I did not open a PayPal claim until after the first replacement was received and seen to be scuffed.

:no no no:
Looks like the factory is always right. Wasn't there once a similar saying about the customer? And how dare you empower yourself by invoking your final line of defense with PayPal so early in this dispute. Aloris makes good stuff, too bad they don't have the same pride in manufacturing as you do in owning nice tools. It's like buying a new Cadillac and getting it delivered with a dent in the door- then having the dealer say it would happen anyway in your first year of ownership, so there's no reason to do anything about it...

Back