Aloris Keeps Sending Me Scuffed Tool Holders

There are lines on the bottom, like they sat on a wire rack during the anodizing process

All of my Aloris tool holders have these lines. I am complaining about the scuffing and flaking.

The lines are gold in color, and the scuffing and flaking is raw steel.

Here are more photos these new $90 tool holders:

5B218B38-1A54-4D6C-BE06-79ADD9A3ECC5.jpeg04142801-3535-4A50-89E7-CA65D542C183.jpegF870F3D3-5601-44CD-B4AA-09F034AACC80.jpeg
DA804158-2154-4936-AC0F-B825F917A9EB.png
2BD12AD2-CC5F-46AD-82A1-08C2E27ABFF8.png
E308344E-4CA3-40D7-A121-56CDE9CE2543.png

Last edited:
Racking/fixture marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I’m of two minds, one, I paid good money for it and it should be perfect, but secondly, it’s a tool, as I once told a customer, who complained about a scratch in the paint on a boiler, “ it’s a f#*king boiler, not a f#*king Buick”, form and function is far more important that cosmetic concerns (it’s not like it dented or bent). I’m obviously more concern with the second phase.

But maybe I’m the wrong person to say anything, I’ve rebuilt equipment, new bearing, seals , etc, etc, but have never painted anything, paint on the machine base does not make it more accurate. My neighbor washes/waxes his car constantly, I’ve never washed a car in my life, to me they are just transportation, timely oil changes, proper maintenance and good tires are far more important that the sheen of the paint. To me function is far more important than cosmetic concerns.

Last edited:
Erik, next time you talk to Aloris ask them about their quality management system. Ask if they are ISO 9000 accredited. If they are, your customer complaint of a negative outcome from their processes should prompt them to conduct a root cause investigation in order to correct the defect. They should take this very seriously as a manufacturer. Even if their product is sourced overseas and they just handle the fulfillment, Aloris has a reputation to maintain.

I have to agree with Buffalo21, its a machine tool, the finish doesn't impact the performance. Yes they could do a beter job on the finish, which takes time and transfers as a cost to you the buyer. Returning it for another one adds to their operating cost, which translates as a cost to the buyer. Im sure the majority of their sales are to industry, where function not fashion maters, they build to a price point where if there isn't a profit at the end of the day they close up

Greg

At the price they get for their tools, they should be better than that even though the finish won't effect function. So,
the question is are you getting your money's worth buying from Aloris? I buy my toolholders from All Industrial at
16 bucks a pop and their finishing looks great, and functionally I can't tell the difference between them and the (one)
Aloris toolholder that I own.

I suggest returning them to Aloris, getting a refund even if you have to go to the CEO, and for each one refunded, buy four more from All Industrial, and live happily ever after.

You should get a perfect holder regardless of what it will look like in a year. Would you say that with a new work truck? I hate to be a complainer but I believe this is an example of our downfall. I have several Chinese tool holders and they are finished perfectly. I find these days that most, but not all, companies here just don't give a damn anymore. I just got through talking to a large company trying to purchase their product in large quantities, and they basically told me they just don't care. I purchased an China R8 collet holder and when it arrived four days later it was missing the wrench. They sent me out an entire new holder and wrench and said keep the other holder as well. This is how I operated when I was in business, the customer was always right, if they wanted something I did whatever it took to get it for them, even if I lost money. That was the work ethic my father taught me. We are losing the product battle for a good reason.

Back