Air Hose Hanger

My uncle had old car rims bolted to the wall for all hoses.

i have these magnetic key hangers all over my shop, side of mill table, lathe, work bench, walls(I have a steel shop) I love them for the air hose (nozzle must have a hole or hook on it though.
image_12895.jpg

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm being really picky though and still haven't found just what I want. Most of the problem lies with the fact that my hoses, couplers, and tools, (while most being labeled 3/8") vary a great deal in size. So if I make a holder for the largest coupler the smallest will fall through it.

I tried a spring loaded rake/broom hanger from the hardware store, but the spring is WAY too strong. Can't be used easily with one hand. I could swap the spring with a lighter one, but that seems like a lot of work.

Anyway, not a big deal. Just getting tired of picking the hose off the floor after it slides off wherever it was laid last!

When/if I figure something out I'll post it here.

What about something with a disc that rotates on an off-centre pivot? Seems to me I've seen tool hanger things like this as well. Takes up for different size items and releases easily with an upward motion.

Please forgive the awful sketch, but maybe you get the idea.

-frank

IMG_2280.JPG

fancist - great idea. I hadn't thought of anything close to that. I'll play around with that idea later. PS, I was in Victoria a few falls ago on a motorcycle. I envy you for living there. I even enjoyed the rain!

kd4gij - I had to very quickly get off of that site. I could easily spend WAY more $ than I have!

Variation on a theme, about 5 bucks a piece for the single holders. Of course you could make them for significantly more than that... ;)

-frank

Capture gripit.JPG

OK, first thanks again.
With all of these ideas I was getting grandiose cravings for elaborate hangers. So I was at the hardware store looking for the "magic ball" broom/mop hanger to see how it was built. I figured if it was complicated enough I could make a few outta $$$ of aluminum and a weeks worth of machining! Didn't find the magic ball but did stumble across these. 4 for $4.50 INCLUDING the screws.
They are strong enough to hold an air grinder, universal enough to grab any of my air hoses by the hose or by the coupler and can be easily used one handed.
Don't know why that was so hard to find. Tunnel vision I guess.
View media item 95536View media item 95535

Groundhog -
Sounds intriguing ... but failed to find a usable link. Please re-post. Thanks!

Back