Air Hose crimp tool.

I have a couple like that, they swivel, and leak. I hear a constant leak of air from them until I play with them, then when I let them go they are fine. Annoying.

Edit: ok, if those are like the video, they are different from mine. Mine you take the sleeve off slip it on the hose, then mount the hose and tighten the sleeve. they swivel, the video shows a different operation and those are different. Pretty nice.

Yes the one pictured from Zoro is the same as the video

Dad taught us the method of using baling wire to secure hoses to the hose barbs. It worked! Forgot all about using that method.

Dad taught us the method of using baling wire to secure hoses to the hose barbs. It worked! Forgot all about using that method.
not a fan of he bailing wire for this . Anything that will get me at some point is not what I am looking for. I am primarily routing some mains, then creating some small hoses to individual machines. I already have them in the wood shop, but want a better method for the machine shop.

Soappy water on all joints , no bubbles your good , won't ware out your compressor that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a fan of he bailing wire for this . Anything that will get me at some point is not what I am looking for. I am primarily routing some mains, then creating some small hoses to individual machines. I already have them in the wood shop, but want a better method for the machine shop.
They used bailing wire for connecting hoses on WWII air planes! Not saying the airplanes left the factory that way, just saying. There is specific method of using wire to secure the hose onto the barb.

I have used the Oetiker clamps, and liked them, as they were quick and easy. The resulting ears are not sharp, so they do not present a safety hazard. The clamps can be a bugger to remove if you need to undo one, a die grinder works great.

I absolutely despise worm type hose clamps, with that 'tail' sticking out just waiting to cut the daylights out of someone who isn't careful. Same goes for the using wire and a clamptite tool. I made a clamptite tool, and they work great, but then you have to go back an tape over the wire just to protect users from the wire ends.

My favorite as of late is the two piece reusable style, similar to Aeroquip hydraulic hose fittings. The only drawback to them is that the fittings are not very forgiving about hose diameter and thickness. You need to have the right fittings and the right hose for them to work properly without leaks.

I also like Mark's idea, using the crimp style fittings and a home made die. Nothing better than free!

Been a long time since I used one, but we used to make up flex lines with a hand tool that was a vice grip with a hole in the jaws the correct size to form a simple alu ring tight on the tubing with two small bumps? on each side. Prob could make the tool, and maybe the rings also?

I use pex clamps and this oetiker clamp crimper available at Autozone and every auto parts store:
  • OEM CV Joint Boot Tool
OEM CV Joint Boot Tool

Part Number: 25326

Pick Up In Store:
Order in Store
Ship To Home:
In Stock
Est. Delivery: Jul 07-10
Price: $ 9.99

Roy

Back