Abom79 Installed his PM-1660TL!

I met Adam and his wife a couple of years ago. They're great people. He seems to be doing really well. I just hope he's not making payments on all that new equipment. I wish him the best.

I saw a video on you tube (Not A-bomb) explaining that he is making over 100k from his channel, not including all the equipment percs. Good for him.

Id love to pick his brain for a day. His type of shop as a job shop is what id love to have my shop become. I dont mind doing production on manual machines but what he does is what i love. I just cant weld period.

$19,999 before accessories, tax , shipping according to the PM website
At the day of : 30 Oct 2020, it would cost like $16 000 without any accessories. It was quite a price change from that day and now.

I sooo want a bigger lathe, don't need it, but hell, I want one!
:laughing:

At the day of : 30 Oct 2020, it would cost like $16 000 without any accessories. It was quite a price change from that day and now.
All the lathes have gone up considerable since then. I bought a 1236T in Nov 2020 for $4,800 and it is now $6,800.

It seems like the typical 1640,1660 Taiwan lathes have a lighter bed vs the 1740,1760 versions that are made somewhat heavier with wider beds, larger bore and motors, etc. I've never seen a comparison between the 17" Taiwan machines and the more common 16".

It kind of seems like Adam wanted a smaller lathe to go with the American but being used to large machines, he didn't want to downsize too much in swing. Or the 1660 was the machine he got the best deal on. HOpefully he will talk more about the benefits of new along with the build differences from the machines he is used to.

He seldom bites the hand that feeds him and I understand that but we may get some comparisons. Dave

At 3750 pounds, I can't imagine that it will be as rigid as a 1660 lathe could be. Most Euro/Japanese/Korean lathes in that size range are in the 5000-6000+ pound range with a beefier D1-8 spindle. It has cast iron plinths, which is great, but they can't be terribly thick at that weight. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up. Will have to tune in to see how it runs. Used to subscribe to his channel, but in the past year or so, the episodes have become like mini infomercials. I understand it's a business not a charity, but there are enough ads inserted in YouTube already, I don't need the content itself to be one big commercial.

Back