A PM25 for Christmas

Update: Mill is now sitting on 3/4" plywood and 3/8" steel plate, bolted to the toolbox, and the DRO is installed. I hate installing glass scales. Maybe it's easier on bigger machines. And I've also done the 3-bolt and tramming aid mods.

I still have to tram the vise, and make/install some levelers for the toolbox. The floor is a bit uneven over here so I bought 2 48" long pieces of 2" square tubing and will run these under the box with 1/2" allthread on the ends to level the box, and will tie the two tubes together with allthread at each end to make it a bit more stable. No welder, so I have to do things the hard way. :shrugs:

PM25 setup.JPG

PM25 setup.JPG

Thanks Henry. Did you notice the little handle I made for the quill? Didn't like those big levers that were on there. It's not much, but it gives me a bit more room on that side of the head.

As I'm sitting here looking at the picture, I'm thinking i might make a couple of small steel plates and mount them horizontally at the back corners of the table for those magnetic lights. They look a bit goofy hanging on the head, but my eyes do like having all that light on the table. :)

Bill

That thing looks sweeeeet!!

What's it like to work with so far?

Bernie

Man thats an awesome christmas gift right there. Both the mill and the box. Far as it being out.... We got 6 new bridgeports at school and I'm here to tell ya, them things was so far out it was not even funny. Head tilted, turned, leaned and anything else that could move needed trammed in. I thought it was a real good learning experience though for sure.

No, I did not notice the quill handle mod until you pointed it out - I was too busy admiring the lights (truly) and thinking through how I want to setup lighting. I do like the smaller handle, though.

Where did you get them magnetic lights?? Those are way slick and could be moved from machine to machine when using various ones in the shop. I could cut down on my tool addiction and spend more on my new air gun addiction... Just bought another 1000 rounds of ammo and have only shot about 10 shots so far through the gun... I have been trying to get a spread of all the weight and configurations in the sweet range of the rifle so I can do an empirical test to determine which pellet shoots the best and most accurately. It's a good thing pellets are so cheap....

Bob

That thing looks sweeeeet!!

What's it like to work with so far?

Bernie

I haven't really used it much yet. Still getting her set up. I have made some test cuts and even with the toolbox being a little unstable right now, it is night-and-day different from my little LMS mill. The extra mass really does make a difference. And I'm really liking the larger table and 4" vise I put on it. I'm fairly certain I had this stupid grin on my face the whole time. :LOL:

Where did you get them magnetic lights?? Those are way slick and could be moved from machine to machine when using various ones in the shop. I could cut down on my tool addiction and spend more on my new air gun addiction... Just bought another 1000 rounds of ammo and have only shot about 10 shots so far through the gun... I have been trying to get a spread of all the weight and configurations in the sweet range of the rifle so I can do an empirical test to determine which pellet shoots the best and most accurately. It's a good thing pellets are so cheap....

Bob

I find them on Ebay every now and then. Delta is the brand I think. Bought one for the little mill and liked it so much that I decided to get a couple for this one. These things actually have a decent strength magnet on them that holds when cutting. The one on the little mill goes back and forth between it and the lathe when I need more light over there.
Air gun? Just what you need...another hobby. :roflmao:

Haven't played with an air rifle since I was a kid. Good thing I don't have any room to shoot one in the back yard. ;)

Bill

Last edited:
Still moving stuff around a bit, but this is my play room. The little mill is going to be moved onto the stand that came with the PM25 and sit on the other side of the lathe. The area where it's sitting now will be set up as an inspection/setup station. Off to the right in the picture are my grinder/buffer stations and another workbench that I use for building golf clubs and other misc work. My new 4x6 bandsaw should be here this week, and it will sit to the left of the PM25.

Bill

DSCN4163.JPG

DSCN4163.JPG

Back