935 floor base

No, I used opposing jamb nuts on either side of the hole in the angle to hold the all-thread. My pallet jack is 21” wide (narrow version since all my Europenn woodworking machines require that width) and it enters from the side of the mill into the cutout reliefs in the casting, not from the front. That said, I see no reason why you couldn’t thread the ¼” thick angle instead. That connection with the all-thread is simply to hold the angle iron to the base of the mill and thus the threads are not taking a lot of shear load. I have not encountered stability issues with the mill on the pallet jack. Hope this helps.

David
A quick follow up ... in your post you say "drilling and tapping". What is it that you tapped then? And what is the nut and washer in this photo for?

1645202446239.png

Salah

Just curious. I know there are certain mill models with Taiwan 935 heads & the rest of the machine is Chinese. I haven't looked through the PM lineup in a while. Might this explain the difference in base casting?

A quick follow up ... in your post you say "drilling and tapping". What is it that you tapped then? And what is the nut and washer in this photo for?

Salah
I didn’t tap anything and have updated my previous post to clarify. The nut and washer are just resting on the angle to visually clarify what I used. Sorry for any confusion. More complete details are at the following link including pallet jack interface photos and the addition of the Acorn nuts to clean up the toe-stub threaded shafts.

David

Hello David,

You say in your post: "
10" long all thread into tapped 5/8 holes (which are 417mm apart CL-to-CL)".

Can you confirm that the CL-to-CL distance between the base holes on the PM935 are 417mm for the front holes as well as the back holes?
Did you also mean the tapped 3/4" holes. The PM935 comes with 3/4"-10 tapped holes. I understand that you put 5/8" all thread through these holes as you didn't need them threaded at the base. Instead you captured them at the top of the base with 5/8-11 nuts. Did I get that right?

Thanks,

Salah

Hello David,

Can you confirm that the CL-to-CL distance between the base holes on the PM935 are 417mm for the front holes as well as the back holes?
Did you also mean the tapped 3/4" holes. The PM935 comes with 3/4"-10 tapped holes. I understand that you put 5/8" all thread through these holes as you didn't need them threaded at the base. Instead you captured them at the top of the base with 5/8-11 nuts. Did I get that right?

Thanks,

Salah
I just remeasured, and yes, the holes in the base casting of my PM-935 are indeed 417mm center-to-center on both the front and back. The 3/4” holes in the base of my machine were not tapped. I don’t know if that is normal or it it was an oversight on my particular mill. I’m sure there are variations machine to machine, and from the photos posted above by @Cletus, PM has modified the base of the 935 substantially since mine was produced in 2017. They have lopped off the corners with exaggerated chamfers and brought down the mounting platform at the four corners. Compare the photos above with those at the link I provided.

David

Hello David,

Thanks,

Salah
This link provides a cross section of the platform attachment method I used on my 935:

I think you can see that I used 5/8“ AllThread to secure the platforms to the mill base using a jamb nut on the bottom and an acorn nut on top for safety. This way when I elevate the mill from the side using my narrow pallet jack, the platforms elevate with the mill and remain attached. Hope this helps.

Back