8N rough running

Good news, found a guy that rebuilds carbs. Milady dropped it off this AM. Now I do not have to tempt my carburetor jinx.

We are getting plenty of breakdowns. We tried to make popcorn for the ball game and the microwave caught fire! Never even heard of that before.

Also a pressure tank for our well water sprung a leak. The 1 1/2" pipe to that is 20 years old, bet I have a heck of a time getting it apart.

Let's hope I can report joy on this 8N repair. I have worked on it on and off for a year now, several days of effort.

The wife was a school nurse before retiring. She managed to set off the schools fire alarm and evacuate the entire school trying to pop popcorn in the staff microwave. So I guess it can happen.

Good news, found a guy that rebuilds carbs. Milady dropped it off this AM. Now I do not have to tempt my carburetor jinx.

We are getting plenty of breakdowns. We tried to make popcorn for the ball game and the microwave caught fire! Never even heard of that before.

Also a pressure tank for our well water sprung a leak. The 1 1/2" pipe to that is 20 years old, bet I have a heck of a time getting it apart.

Let's hope I can report joy on this 8N repair. I have worked on it on and off for a year now, several days of effort.
I used all brass fittings for our 80 gallon pressure tank. I also have unions so the tank can be disconnected completely and I have a lift eye and sky hook above so the tank can be lifted to a reasonable working height.

I used all brass fittings for our 80 gallon pressure tank. I also have unions so the tank can be disconnected completely and I have a lift eye and sky hook above so the tank can be lifted to a reasonable working height.
You are smarter than me. Or least the me from 30 years ago. I will be doing this now. Funny I worry more about maintenance 20 years from now more than I did when I was a young buck. And i won't be doing this sort of work in 20 years.

My "repair" for now is 2x2s and a sheet of EPDM rubber. Made the leak channel to a drain. I will get to this after harvest. UNLESS it blows loose.

Back