70 C10 resto-mod (was Chevy culture shock)

The 17" steering wheel is the reason I had perfect elbow prints in the sill ledge an door pull of my C10 after driving it 18 years. I don't think it would have been the same truck with a 15" wheel. And I'd really miss those little finger bumps.

The 17" steering wheel is the reason I had perfect elbow prints in the sill ledge an door pull of my C10 after driving it 18 years. I don't think it would have been the same truck with a 15" wheel. And I'd really miss those little finger bumps.
The wheel is identical except for the diameter, but we'll see about the elbow room. I kept the original horn button.

NOTE: fat b@stards in mirror are larger than they appear

Attachments

• IMG_5494.jpg
    IMG_5494.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5487.jpg
    IMG_5487.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 9
The wheel is identical except for the diameter, but we'll see about the elbow room. I kept the original horn button.

NOTE: fat b@stards in mirror are larger than they appear

Ooh, that new resto wheel looks nice! I was thinking you put a hot rod wheel on it or something.

I also happen to be both guero and gordo. Sometimes, a bastardo too.

Not mine, but a blast from the past.
It is said anecdotally that Chevy thought this would limit squeaks(and thus complaints) on the scary new disk technology in '72, but IDK if that's accurate

1689016329690.png

OK, this might be a terrible idea, but it's by far the most interesting thing on marketplace today:

here it is in action:

actually it's starting to seem legit, but at #350 it seems like a lot of weight sitting on the end of a 1/2T
They do have outriggers, or pockets for Holland jacks, so you can lift things without riding on the springs. Better than the Harbor Fraught hoists a lot of folks bolt into their beds by a mile.

Back