3D change gear Questions

I print gears in ABS, but pla or PETG would also work fine. As important (or more important) is the orientation in which it is printed. In a nutshell, you don't want layer lines parallel to the load path or the load can split teeth off. Print flat and at a high infill and no worries other than possible warping when printing.

I'd recommend searching 3d sites like "thingiverse" for change gear STL files. If you find something that works for tooth count, changing the center bore to match your smithy is a doodle on a site like "tinkercad" or similar....
Found someone to help me out.
I will try that tinkercad , I tried a free cad but my computer did not have enough memory, its old and packed with god knows what from 3 kids in the past 10 years

I can 3d model just about anything for you. If you give me dems I can spend a printable file back to you. I've been doing 3d modeling for over 10 years.
Thats awesome and thank you. Have someone helping me out as we speak. I gave him the best measurements I could and he's confident enough that my measurements should be close enough. They should be coming to me soon. If the test gears fit and run we will figure out any changes in design and material.

I can 3d model just about anything for you. If you give me dems I can spend a printable file back to you. I've been doing 3d modeling for over 10 years.
I would like to get into 3D modeling and Printing even on a hobby level I just dont know where to begin. To start I need a new PC as mine is currently 8-10 years old windows 7 and no memory left

I would like to get into 3D modeling and Printing even on a hobby level I just dont know where to begin. To start I need a new PC as mine is currently 8-10 years old windows 7 and no memory left
Well tell ya what. Get fusion360 from autocad. It can run on a potato. You can get a used laptop or pc cheap these days that will blow your old PC away. The pandemic saw a surge of laptop and pc buying...work from home...now people are trying to unload them.

Also fusion 360 is very easy to learn and play with..also countless videos on YouTube. I design tooling at work with it right next to the engineers...and I never got a degree in engineering...just YouTube.

Well tell ya what. Get fusion360 from autocad. It can run on a potato. You can get a used laptop or pc cheap these days that will blow your old PC away. The pandemic saw a surge of laptop and pc buying...work from home...now people are trying to unload them.

Also fusion 360 is very easy to learn and play with..also countless videos on YouTube. I design tooling at work with it right next to the engineers...and I never got a degree in engineering...just YouTube.
Autodesk** not auto CAD haha

T
Found someone to help me out.
I will try that tinkercad , I tried a free cad but my computer did not have enough memory, its old and packed with god knows what from 3 kids in the past 10 years
tinkercad is all online. Basically, if you can get on the internet, you can run tinkercad. Its also very “simple simon” so rank amateurs can at least build something fairly easily to get started. You can “outgrow” it fast, but its a good stepping stone.

T

tinkercad is all online. Basically, if you can get on the internet, you can run tinkercad. Its also very “simple simon” so rank amateurs can at least build something fairly easily to get started. You can “outgrow” it fast, but its a good stepping stone.
This^^

T

I have over 300 designs on Tinkercad.
After 4 years, i haven’t outgrown it yet!

Back