2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read the details, not really that hot on ebay either. and just checked one of the items... bleh.

Thanks. Yeah I didn't really "announce" it anywhere, I think I only mentioned it in a post somewhere like once or something.

Yes it's the short one which are meant for headstock/spindle use. I have no use for the standard larger sleeve that they sent me by accident. I have not tried it but I already know it will stick out too far. I'll probably sell it on ebay some day.

Years ago I had a bright idea of just using a MT5 center in my spindle instead of the headstock center adapter. I quickly found out why these headstock adapters exist. The MT5 stuck out way to far to be used with my drive plate & off the shelf dogs.

I can't find the original post but it looks like I did talk about it again here in this very thread. Post #192
good info. your mt5 doesn't appear stick out nearly as far as my mt3 from the plate, unless it's just a scale thing , since that mt5 must be really big.
But yea, that's the info I was looking for. So I should do a sleeve then and use an mt2.
thanks... good info.

20170630_205530-800x564-jpg.236650

OK I'm intrigued, what is the complex looking toy behind the grinder stand?

YUPP I been bad but made a out super good. Few days ago I won a pile of drill chucks , vise handle, morse taper attachments for drills, Italy made Jacob's Albrecht style 3/8" drill , 11N super all need parts but fixable. But the best a 5C nose piece for the head stock of my logan , needs a little polishing is all. It was upside down in the picture but I took a chance for $20.00 total with the shipping. I've been trying to find and buy one for years most run up to a hundred to buy used . Happy CRIPPLE today . But mom will fix that when the bill comes.
My visiting Dr came today , I'm staying healthy , she wants sleep study even tho I use oxygen at night , my levels of oxygen at night go down , sleep apnea she thinks. I always new how to slow down my heart rate , use to mess with drs when they listened.
Funny things can be done with concentration.. studied how snipers and Indians could control there body. Grew up wanting to be the outdoorsman of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back