2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought two Dayton Branded (KENNEDY ) lowers for 100 a piece. Gotta clean out the mouse **** P I S S (is invalid here) , and prime and paint the rust on 2 drawers from the mice. The other one is in good shape. No keys.. but I don't need them. Really heavy duty. I'm going to need help from a friend to get these down to the basement.
20170701_121423.jpg

Bought two Dayton Branded (KENNEDY ) lowers for 100 a piece. Gotta clean out the mouse **** P I S S (is invalid here) , and prime and paint the rust on 2 drawers from the mice. The other one is in good shape. No keys.. but I don't need them. Really heavy duty. I'm going to need help from a friend to get these down to the basement.
View attachment 236694
You did good , wish I could get around better . I'd have one to mount my atlas mill on . Most of the lowers are flimsy , the good ones like these usually are over priced. I'm jealous well a little bit. Good luck mouse's need homes too. I usually feed them these little green blocks and they don't come back.

Found an estate sale today. I usually don't go to tool sales if they don't have pics in the ad showing what they have. But it said machinist sale with lathes and mills so I took a chance.

I got these all this for $32o. At first he wanted $500 for the Volstro head and $500 for the dividing head. I told him we were too far apart. Offered him $250 for both.

So I went to find my girlfriend and while I was waiting for her he came back and said $300 for the two large items. He threw in the little rotaty table, clamp set, and spin fixture for $20.

I'm not even sure what the Volstro head is used for, but they go for $400 to $800 on Ebay.

So I took a chance. I'll probably sell the Volstro head.

View attachment 236266 View attachment 236267
That'd make me wanna go out and buy a Bridgeport! Nice gets.

John

I bought a brand spanking new 0"-1" Etalon mic today. 260 series model 71.115899.
$50!
Oh yeah you read it right.

Nice! That one has the older style markings which is easier to read.

Went down to Branson Missouri for vacation last week and stopped by Grizzly in Springfield to pick up a few things.
18" x 18" x 3" Granite Surface Plate, Grade B. Didn't want to pay shipping on it so I waited until vacation to pick it up.
A 115 piece HSS Drill Index, a couple of Mag bases, a slitting saw arbor and a wheel for the grinder. Total was $201
Now I need to make a table to hold the Surface plate.

upload_2017-7-2_22-19-45.png

upload_2017-7-2_22-20-10.png

upload_2017-7-2_22-20-22.png

Is silver dollar city still in Branson.used to ride my motorcycle there from little rock when home on leave from army in early 70's..picked up a 30 ton otc press.needs a little work..also got a Rockwell-Delta 31-710 6 X 48 belt sander..missing parts but has good bones..it also needs some love..

image.jpeg

It's still there. But costs way to much to go. We had the kids and 2 grand kids with us. 6 people would have cost over $300.
$62 Adult, $60 for senior and $51 for kids, that's each ticket.
We got show tickets thru our Vacation Club for free so we got to see 5 different shows.
We liked the Haygoods and the Hamner Variety is pretty good also.

We managed to hit a really decent estate sale / auction this weekend.
Scored a circa 1951 Miller Falls Drill sharpening jig:

ES_07-01-17-r.jpg ES_07-01-19-r.jpg 0630172130-r.jpg

and a decent Yale Chain Hoist. I'm trying to get a 'smallish' one to use for the mill vise, lathe chucks, and the RoTab. I can't seem to toss them around as I was once able to . . . This one is too big also...

ES_07-01-H01-r.jpg

and then the "pièce de résistance" - my wife scored this during the auction:
I'm out of room in the shop so I'm not sure what the devil I'm going to do with it.
Sure is a neat small horizontal mill. Runs real smooth considering the motor arrangement.
ES_07-01-02-r.jpg ES_07-01-06-r.jpg ES_07-01-04-r.jpg Tag.jpg
Also scored and old Darra Table saw and a Oxy/Acetylene set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back