2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
....So I already have a Dumore 14 which is their smallest tool post grinder. Nicknamed the Tom Thumb (whatever that means), it's only 1/14 HP!

Tom Thumb is a character of English children tales. Tom is no bigger than his father's thumb, and his adventures include being swallowed by a cow, tangling with giants, and becoming a favourite of King Arthur.

I am still building my tooling and I received these yesterday. Bought both off ebay -a CB202 Allied Criterion boring head and an ETM ER40 R8 holder and collet set (3-26mm). Both are in outstanding condition.

CB202B.jpg ETM collet set.jpg

Gosh, I havn't bought anything today so I'm just gonna order a 2" boring head tonight. Can't afford top of the line so will order from Shars. When I sold the BP I made a mistake and let the one I had go with it.

I was looking at my Shars catalog today at the 2" boring head with R8 shank and a few boring bars all for under 100$ It'll be one of my next buys.

Also today arrived in the mail was my shars 81 piece economy gage block set. I did go to the basement shop and check my micrometers, digital calipers, and practiced wringing them together. Pretty nice set. Was pleased with all of it.

I've searched ebay, amazon and craigs list. Could not beat Shars price.

I have found that Shars' prices via their ebay store are a bit better than direct. I am fairly certain that this is them.

Shars ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
CDCO has the 2" boring head with R8 arbor for $64 or without arbor for $48. LMS has the 2" boring head without arbor for $53.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back