2016 POTD Thread Archive

I've been meaning to post a couple of photos of my 10 lifetimes supply of short stock, all flavors, grades, stainless, brass, copper, carbon, aluminum, cast, and whatever else Dad had accumulated in 80 years as a tinker/machinist...
Man! I have trouble sorting and keeping up with just a large box full.:disturbed: I'd have many lifetimes with that supply.:eek: :encourage:

Sheer jealousy. My grandfather had an extra house for all the crap he collected (not exaggerating at all). My father did much better with just two storage units (still a couple grand per year to store a ton of junk). Both held onto broken vacuums and such. They had lots of worthwhile treasures and materials in there, but nothing like that absolute storehouse you have. That's beautiful.

If he wasn't in California I'd be over there every week looking to 'Borrow' mat'l.

I got to finish up a couple of on going projects. First I built some PVC storage tubes for filler rod for my tig welder and got the cooler plumbed up. The other project was to build a base for my new horizontal band saw. I wanted the base to be 30" high, the same height as my old saw. Too hard to bend over if you have a lot to cut. I made the base a lot wider than then the saw base for stability.

DSC_0137.JPG DSC_0138.JPG DSC_0140.JPG DSC_0141.JPG

Back