2015 POTD Thread Archive

Our hammer wrenches at work, some are open some are not, in my opinion because I use them, it doesn't hurt em, nice job on all that john

That is a lot of parts, but I'm sure they will all find there way back to where they started. Nice job on the cleanup and repairs. I have cut sockets like your wrenches to get a better hold on short profile or damaged nuts. Mike

Very pretty! How much do you expect it to move as it finishes drying?

I couldn't help noticing that it is snowing on the forum.

It is oak leaf time in Texas. They are everywhere. Texas snow. It always follows the acorn hail season.

I have a very powerful electric blower, but there are some places that it is a pain to drag the wire around. The darn thing gets hung up on everything it can find.

I ordered this compact Milwaukee 18v blower. It arrived yesterday and I am very impressed with it. It is great for clearing my porch and the leaves off my hot tub, with the added benefit of the entertainment I get freaking my cat. I didn't expect it to be much good for my driveway, but it cleared the leaves in one pass at a slow walk.

It also has adapters for enflating things.

milwaukee blower_0801.JPG

I love the shape of the walnut bowl, but I'm sympathy coughing from the dust. Hope you wear a mask.

Very pretty! How much do you expect it to move as it finishes drying?

The rule of thumb with green wood, is to leaves the walls at 10% of the diameter, to allow for movment. The moister content was in the upper 20's when I checked it, so hopefully it won't move to much, but I should be safe either way, as I left the walls 1/2" thick.

I love the shape of the walnut bowl, but I'm sympathy coughing from the dust. Hope you wear a mask.

I've been wearing a full respirator, but i've been thinking of dropping down to something a little simpler for turning.

If you have a good extraction system with a 6 inch dia hose & a cowl that is just above the tool rest you can normally get away with a simple close face single filter arrangement even for the nasty woods like holly & cherry .

Back