2" x 72" Belt Grinder Kit

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just ordered a DIY kit for a Revolution 2" x 72" belt grinder from Brian House. I wonder if any of you are familiar with these, or have any views about a grinder of this type. I think they are used largely by knife makers, which I am not. I just thought they were kind of cool. I attached a picture of a completed kit.

Attachments

• Revolution belt grinder.jpg
    Revolution belt grinder.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 740
I would be interested in seeing a thread on you assembling this thing. I have seen his youtube commercial.

I’ve looked at that kit. It’s $335+shipping and you still have to buy steel tubing, motor, and vfd. And weld it together.

Or you can buy a built frame for around the same money from Ameribrade. Still need platens, motor, and vfd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ameribrade has an interesting unit. Unfortunately, their web site says they have a 5 to 6 week turnaround time. Also, I'm kind of looking forward to the build, and possibly tweaking the design a bit.

I have a similar unit in my shop from Grizzly. Folk ask what machine I use the most.....hands down the big belt sander. Easily my favorite machine in the shop.

I use my 2x36 1.5hp a lot but I would like it to be better. The kit you bought, are the cut-out plates aluminum or steel? Thanks for posting.

I find my Kalamazoo 2x48 somewhat limiting. I have seen the one House sells. Looks like a great unit.

Back