2 Free Air Compressors

An old Navy man told me that you can use Wintergreen oil (where from I have no idea) to free up a stuck engine by soaking the bores)

I've had good results with atf and acetone also. I had the evaporate on hand so I thought I'd give it a shot.
The jugs are removable, and that particular pump is pretty common. So if they don't clean up, they could probably be replaced pretty easily.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

The evaporust did a great job! I have the bores full of automatic transmission fluid and acetone. The cylinder walls have some light pitting but I think they can be honed out without too much fuss. I can rebuild the entire upper end for $160, with new and improved valve plate. I think that's the way I'm going to go. Do it right , cry once.
uploadfromtaptalk1473092918002.jpg

The Kohler Engine got poured full of the automatic transmission fluid mix. I'm not going to spend too much time and energy on it, as I can get a Harbor Freight replacement 14 horsepower for $360.

THE KHOLER LIVES!!!! I got it to break loose and fired it up this afternoon. It won't draw fuel so I will have to check the pump and the bowl.
The compressor also started rotating, so I popped the jugs off the find the rings are stuck tight. I will order an upper end rebuild kit sometime in the next couple of days.
I rented a 3 finger hone, but it cratered after about 20 seconds! What little bit of honing it got, it looks great!

Back