2.2kw Vfd/3 Phase 3hp Motor

With frequency tracking enabled it steps the motor up in stages. It runs at a certain Hz then jumped to another then to fill speed. It doest seem as smooth to me as it just steadily increasing the Hz till full speed. It is a little noisy composites to not using it also. It even seems smoother to just start it at full frequency then to use it.

Ahhhh.... That is called skip frequency in other VFDs, I have not seen an advantage in any install I have done.

OK

Unless someone else tells me better I'll turn it off. It sounds kinda rough starting up anyways.

This big motor send way another then my little mill with the 1HP motor. I was shocked. It runs really quiet. There seems to be extra vibration between 45Hz-55Hz. Below & above seem smooth all the way up to 80Hz which is as fast as I've ran it.

I actually read it right the first time. DCM, FOR, & REV have to all be closed at the same time for reverse. DCM & FOR have to be closed for forward. When you open DCM & FOR the motor stops & breaks if you have that setting programmed.

Hmmmm....That's a little different. I guess I should read the book before I open my mouth:foot in mouth:

DCM, FOR, & REV have to all be closed at the same time for reverse. DCM & FOR have to be closed for forward. When you open DCM & FOR the motor stops & breaks if you have that setting programmed

It all depends on if you are using 2 or 3 wire and how you program the inputs PD044-PD049. It should run as Jim described with the factory defaults, but if you use 2 wire with PD044=01 and PD045=05, then D1 is run and D2 determines the direction it will run as you describe. The 3 wire should be able to use momentary switches, (i.e. triggered), 2 wire would need maintained.

The vibration in the 45-55Hz range may be due to a balance problem in the head and a resonate frequency. This was described in another posting and he was able to balance the rotation sheaves.

Mark
Huanyang VFD 2 wire vs 3 wire.jpg

There is some reason I didn't go with D1, D2, D3, & DCM. I need to revisit that tho because it would make the momentary switches work easier.

I figured it was the harmonic resonance & that was just the right frequency for it to be at its worse. I may one day get around to testing the spindle at a different speed to see if that frequency changes.

mksj

I went back & tried it again but it still didn't work right but using only D1 to DCM or D2 to DCM with those values programed works like I want it. I can now easily hook up two momentary switches along with the rotary switch & it works as I want.

Thanks for encouraging me to go back & try it again. I had figured out how to do it the other way but this is much better.

Jim it appears we may have both been right. ;)

Back