1940 South Bend 11" 111B 105014 IQR Rebuild By Ulma Doctor

Thank you very much Ski !
i'm just glad i have something interesting to offer.
i'll keep putting up pictures until she's done!

Oh, Mike, it's too late!!! I already started scraping the compound on my Craftsman 109. Then realised the dovetails are way too small for scraping. Onto bigger and better things! :)

I'm glad you jumped into action!!!!:D
at least you got some scrapes in anyway!!!

Yeah, it was interesting getting right into the dovetail. The compound barely hit on 4 points before, now it hits 75% coverage with a light bluing. Pull and push scraping are worlds apart!
I'm glad you jumped into action!!!!:D
at least you got some scrapes in anyway!!!

I made another corny montage video, if you don't feel like reading the whole post- this is a highlight reel part 1.
sorry to say that means that there will be more than one....:bash computer:

If you view in fullscreen you can see it a little better!

So far, So good! the spindle bearings are about as near perfect as you would dare hope for a machine of this age. The crashing damage to the compound is nasty, but as you say, not beyond the pale, Watching with interest!!
Phil

Thank you Phil,
i felt the song is fitting to my personality.
i've heard the song title phrase more than a few times in my life....:D

Hi Mike,
Your video is better then the News on CNN( at least no one is getting killed). Like the song too!!
I noticed you repaired the tool post base -was that welded and then ground down.? And the battery charger
is used to remove the grease and grime off the parts.
This is all new to me, any battery charger will do that, what was the solution that the bucket contains?
I think I'm going to read the previous posts you had to find out more info about this and stop asking dumb questions!
Anyway like the video, looks like you'll be done shortly(LOL).

Best regards...................Kerry

When Henrietta left her last home, she was lifted from a pedestal of furniture dollies by chain to my awaiting trailer by forklift.
that was to be the easiest part of the journey to her current resting spot. Before receiving Henrietta,
i had a little better than 2 days to hear quite a few of my friends and family about how this mission should be aborted, and what was i thinking:nuts: . I traded a perfectly working lathe for another non working lathe, that hasn't worked in decades possibly.
This is when i new it was for the love of the machine and complete confidence in myself to achieve any end.
Hi Mike,

I said I was going to read your old posts. Remember what Edison said" Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration "
I think your there, I once looked a The Monarche 10EE lathe and they told me the weight estimate was 3400 lbs !!!( My posrche weighted less
than that with me in it) Your on the right track !
Good luck................Kerry

Back