1940 Ford Deluxe

Also, hard to tell, but it looks like the air vent under the windshield has been sealed.

Other than all that, it's pretty stock.

I looked it up on the internet... it's a fairly well known misprint... AMT fixed it on later boxes.

It offers the option of building it as a stock '39, a stock '40, a hot rod '40, or a race '40...

-Bear

Good catch, Bone Head. I didn't read it - I just looked at the picture. Here's a coupe (built this one many years ago):
View attachment 466094
Two guys I went to school with had '40 s. Both coupes. Substitute shop teacher on his first day with us complemented the one guy on his "Ford Sedan." He got an education too. :D

Sometimes it's the things that should be very simple that kicks my tail...

...or maybe I'm just more incompetent than I think I am.

I bought these two temperature guages... they are Equus 2-5/8" mechanical guages... to install in the '40.

After determining that they will likely work, I ordered a two guage panel to mount them in. I started to order the Summit Racing branded panel, but decided instead to buy the Equus panel... at twice the price... because I KNOW it will fit the guages.

Equus guages... Equus panel... yep, should be perfect... right?

Right?

Yeah... ummm... no...

The guages measure 2.625"... the panel holes measure 2.610"...

That's all I'm going to say about that... I actually try pretty hard not to use foul language... especially on a family friendly site...

-Bear

Sometimes it's the things that should be very simple that kicks my tail...

...or maybe I'm just more incompetent than I think I am.

I bought these two temperature guages... they are Equus 2-5/8" mechanical guages... to install in the '40.

After determining that they will likely work, I ordered a two guage panel to mount them in. I started to order the Summit Racing branded panel, but decided instead to buy the Equus panel... at twice the price... because I KNOW it will fit the guages.

Equus guages... Equus panel... yep, should be perfect... right?

Right?

Yeah... ummm... no...

The guages measure 2.625"... the panel holes measure 2.610"...

That's all I'm going to say about that... I actually try pretty hard not to use foul language... especially on a family friendly site...

-Bear
Bummer. Is it feasible to mill the holes to 2 and 5/8th?

Bummer. Is it feasible to mill the holes to 2 and 5/8th?

I doubt it... the panel is stamped from (I'm guessing) maybe 18 guage aluminum... it might be possible to clamp it to a sacrificial board, but indicating it would be difficult, and trying to machine it might destroy it. It's pretty flimsy...

On the other hand, at this point it's no good as-is... so it might be worth a try...

-Bear

Ask the manufacturer about it?

Goto their web page, contact us, include the part numbers.

Ask why they do not fit.

They may send you what does fit.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back