1340gt order dilemma

Good to hear directly what’s going on.

Thank you

First off, thank you guys so much for all of your thoughts and work arounds, this forum is awesome. The lathe I really want is a Haas TL2, which is many moons away, haha.

Eisen looks like a really good machine with comparable specs but it just doesn't sit right with me to almost double your prices within a year and still not have the inventory. Supply and demand only works when you're the only one with the supply. I also cant get them on the phone, it doesn't even ring, just says leave a message and the mailbox is full. If I buy from anyone but grizzly I have to tack on an extra $1000+ in shipping and at that point the eisen become far more expensive than PM with less accessories.

@qualitymachinetools Thank you for a bit more info. I in no way was trying to badmouth you guys, every time I've had an issue or called its been a very pleasurable experience. I know you guys are just as frustrated if not more so at the situation. Thank you for taking the time to comment here. I just want to be clear that this thread was in no way bashing you guys, I was just exploring my options. I'm going to do a bit of research and give you guys a call today or tomorrow at the latest.

Eisen looks like a really good machine with comparable specs but it just doesn't sit right with me to almost double your prices within a year and still not have the inventory. Supply and demand only works when you're the only one with the supply. I also cant get them on the phone, it doesn't even ring, just says leave a message and the mailbox is full.
I had the same issue with Eisen as far as getting them on the phone. But they are very responsive with emails and that's how I dealt with them. Also they are willing to work with you on price and delivery. They knocked money off the 1340GHE I bought from them when I told them they won't have to pay ebay a fee if I bought direct. They also gave me free shipping. The lathe I bought from them was damaged during shipping so I refused the delivery and emailed them photos. They replied right back and this was on a Saturday. They prepped another machine and had it shipped out the following week and it arrived fine.

As far as not getting them on the phone, I had a similar experience when I bought from ACRA. I called Tom and he was extremely short with me on the phone like I was bothering his busy schedule. I switched to communicating with him through email and it was a night and day difference. I think some people just like dealing through email.

With all that said, I would still pursue Eisen. Maybe do what Mark suggested above and buy their single phase 1340GHE which is in stock and convert it to a three phase. You could have a machine in a few weeks.

I have purchased from Precision Mathews, Eisen, and ACRA all with good outcomes.

Hey guys, didn't want to end this thread on a "what happened" cliff hanger. I ended up taking a bit of everyone's advice and changed to a PM 1440 variable speed gunsmithing lathe which is one that I really want over the 1340. It is a slight drop of overall quality over a Taiwanese machine but it should be more than accurate enough for my needs and the way they spec'd out the build and all of the upgrades they did to it were just to good for me to pass up. Thank you everyone for your knowledge and advice!

Edit: I did get in contact with jason at Eisen and got a quote but the shipping just from CA to WA kind of put it over the edge for me as far as cost vs what I was buying went.

Last edited:
Is this 1440 from PM or another vendor?

PM, I edited the original post. it's the new one they just dropped the details for a week or two ago. china machine but they spec'd it out with nsk headstock bearings and a few other quality upgrades.

PM, I edited the original post. it's the new one they just dropped the details for a week or two ago. china machine but they spec'd it out with nsk headstock bearings and a few other quality upgrades.

Joeblow65
I ordered a PM-1440-2SM-V on 1/24 before Precision Mathews updated the site.
I agree that is not Taiwan but has the features that I was looking for.
Very excited! now the wait!

Back