$13 including shipping - 6" 3 Jaw 2 Pcs Reversible Self Centering Lathe Chuck w/ 1-1/2-8 Back Plate

This is a new twist.. hate to,be lied to AND treated like an idiot, but it’s kinda of funny, glad it’s only $13.00
Dear friend, Thanks for your kindness. If resend, Please kindly close the case first, it really does very bad effect on our store. Boss doesn't agree resend with a case opening. After you close, then inform us via eBay message after closed, we will arrange the reshipment for you asap. do you agree? Appreciate for your understanding and waiting for your soon news to follow up. Best regards Sandy

Well they issued a refund after I requested the item and not a refund. Ebay shows case closed and it says it can't be reopened. I'll call them but likely not get anywhere. This seller should have their accounts closed.

Called Ebay... agreed it was an issue and said they would send request the seller sell me the item for the price listed and also a report "up the chain" regarding the incident and the sellers activities. They said they couldn't force a seller to sell or send an item and I would not receive any info on the report or it's findings (confidential they said)... stated they can warn seller or suspend account(s) based on report findings. Oh well. I would think the more complaints they get regarding this issue, the greater likelyhood of something actually being done. Good luck on Ebay!

Last edited:
I am still trying to understand if this was a price misprint or some kind of scam? How would the seller benefit from this? Were any chucks delivered at the higher price? I would like to know the rationale behind it since I expect to see this again.
Robert

I am still trying to understand if this was a price misprint or some kind of scam? How would the seller benefit from this? Were any chucks delivered at the higher price? I would like to know the rationale behind it since I expect to see this again.
Robert

Don't know of anyone who bought one for the higher price. Feedback show a couple. I personally wouldn't buy anything from this seller or a seller with the same item and location. They obviously have a number of accounts under different names which is common practice for the Asian sellers. That way when the feedback ratings get low, or Ebay closes an account for cheating buyers, It's no big deal and they continue on.

Only thing I can think of is that when it shows "number sold" in the listing, wether they delivered or not, makes it looks like lots of people are purchasing them. I called eBay just because they tried to blackmail me into closing the case, eBay agreed that its a clear violation. Is it worth the aggravation over $13 for something I knew I probably wouldn't get, maybe not they should have just owned up to the mistake. I'M just tired of opening my email, answering my phone and getting a new scam thrown at me, figured I could maybe help shut one down at least temporarily

I feel like eBay could do a better job of policing this. They need to be looking at IP addresses and bank account owners rather than just user names. Heck, they have that info on me!
Robert

Please don't hesitate to leave negative feedback for unscrupulous sellers. The Ebay feedback system is flawed but it's all we have.

Fortunately no one will be out their $13 as long as they file a claim with eBay and don't close their case until they receive the refund. That would have been a smoking hot deal at $13 delivered. I don't know how the seller could stay in business at that price. The going price for scrap steel in our area is about $200 per ton or $1 for 10 lbs. I weighed a 6" chuck with backing plate at 30 lbs. or $3 scrap weight (NO, not scrapping the chuck so don't ask . . .). Sure sounds like the seller mistakenly listed that price and probably should have cancelled the sales when they discovered their error.

Bruce

If they have a lot of negatives then it may very well be deliberate, shame on them. And Ebay should be a better cop.
M

Please don't hesitate to leave negative feedback for unscrupulous sellers. The Ebay feedback system is flawed but it's all we have.
IIRC, Negative feedback, needs to be done before the seller cancels the order, and refunds the money. At that point, E-bay considers it done, and blocks you from leaving any type of feedback.

Back