$13 including shipping - 6" 3 Jaw 2 Pcs Reversible Self Centering Lathe Chuck w/ 1-1/2-8 Back Plate

Found a 6" 3 jaw chuck from another seller on ebay. About half what the seller we dealt with is selling them for. Should be fine for my use on a welding positioner. On a positive note I've already received a FedEx tracking number. Hopefully this purchase will work out. Additionally, (since this thread began as a great Ebay find, I scored a Leeson gear motor on Ebay for the positioner. Brand new in the box with the mounting bracket and electrical conduit box for $15. These motors are really pricey so was thrilled to find it. Received it in 3 days priority shipping from a great seller. The same seller has a couple more new Bodine motors (also pricey from dealers) listed for under $50 each. A quick search should find them if you have a need for such a thing... or PM me and I'll give you the sellers name.

As for our original seller circus... I left feedback saying "Did/will not ship item, trying to back out on sale after payment in full"
they posted a response "we send to post office on time, delivery company send to you. understanding. "
What a bunch of lying cheating unethical crooks. They make it sound like I'm unfairly accusing them of not sending the item. The bad part is that this is what folks will see when reviewing the feedback, and there is nothing I (or Ebay obviously) can (or will) do about it. I now read Ebay seller feedback responses with a whole new outlook.

Last edited:
Well, I figured it was my turn, so this is what I wrote them.

Hello.
I understand you have not shipped any of these, is that true? I really need it to finish a prototype that I have to ship, hoping for orders of many more. If you are not shipping these, I need to know the soonest, so I can source elsewhere.

Then their boilerplate response.

Dear superburban

Sorry for that.the item we sent to you with logistics company.
We contacted with the shipping company to check the parcel ,but there is no information about it.
I'm afraid it is lost in way .

How about we refund you first ?
then you pay us back once you receive it .is that ok?

if you receive it later, or you could kindly refuse to sign it to let it return back to us.

do you agree?

if you don't agree, can you don't be angry? just E-mail back to us to show us your opinion.

we apologize for this situation.hope you understand,thanks.

Waiting for your reply to follow up.

Best regards

Now my next response.

Do you think Americans are stupid? We have been sharing your responses with each other. The odds of your logistics company loosing everyone's items are astronomical. Since you never had any intentions to ship the items, and you were hoping we would somehow for get that we sent you money, so that you could keep it, raises to the level of attempted theft. The way I see it, you have three options. 1, actually send the items you contracted to send. 2, Admit that you tried to steal our money, and close down this, and all e-bay accounts, after refunding everyone's money. 3. struggle to stay alive, as we work to close your accounts. The option is yours, We would hope that this is just a small lapse of judgement, and you do the right thing and fulfill your contracts, and actually ship the items.

Looking forward to your response.

Pretty much reply to them verbatim after they tried to extort me into closing the claim before they would ship. They just ignored the claim and refunded the money, their negative feedback seems to have spiked however!

They may not think Americans are stupid, but they KNOW they are gullible and greedy, always looking to get something for nothing. It's human nature.
M

They may not think Americans are stupid, but they KNOW they are gullible and greedy, always looking to get something for nothing. It's human nature.
M
I dunno, I've disappointed dozens of Nigerian Princes wanting me to help them with their money problems ;)

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, but I'm not holding by breath.............
Yea, mine is also due tomorrow, just thought I would start the E-mail trail so I can justify leaving the negative feedback tomorrow.

I thought they would at least read my message, and give me the thrill of a getting real reply, and not the copy and past job everybody else got. That's what I get for thinking I'm special.

Well If mine doesn't show I will be sure to leave the nastiest feed back I can dream up for them !!!

If you leave a negative feedback and the eBay person leaves a remark that is derogatory, full of more BS or whatever. You can add another comment to it, but just one more comment, no more.

Back