10k Reverse Tumbler On A 9in South Bend Lathe

I did with my SB 9 works great I have draws on how did this.
I will post information later when on my computer (on phone at this time)

Dave

I'm going to do the upgrade of putting the reverse tumbler from a 10k lathe on my South Bend 9 inch lathe. I have all the parts and read a couple write ups on the net about it, but I have a question. Has anyone here done this upgrade?

My question is.... After doing the conversion, the only thing holding the tumbler in place is the lever pin .... Is that all that is needed? The original has a bolt that holds the gear set in place that it can't come out of the headstock. It appears this conversion only relies on the lever pin for that.

Anyone have any information on this upgrade?

Dave

I'm going to do the upgrade of putting the reverse tumbler from a 10k lathe on my South Bend 9 inch lathe. I have all the parts and read a couple write ups on the net about it, but I have a question. Has anyone here done this upgrade?

My question is.... After doing the conversion, the only thing holding the tumbler in place is the lever pin .... Is that all that is needed? The original has a bolt that holds the gear set in place that it can't come out of the headstock. It appears this conversion only relies on the lever pin for that.

Anyone have any information on this upgrade?

Dave
I would appreciate the help. What did you do about locking the tumbler in the head stock? Does it fit like on the 10k and the lock ring works?

I would appreciate the help. What did you do about locking the tumbler in the head stock? Does it fit like on the 10k and the lock ring works?
I use 3/8" NC flat head screw in a 3/8" plate
I have posted the drawing on Yahoo southbend9 group if want to at the drawing sooner

Dave

I use 3/8" NC flat head screw in a 3/8" plate
I have posted the drawing on Yahoo southbend9 group if want to at the drawing sooner

Dave
That holds the plate. what holds the tumbler?

Me and that group had a falling out....... seems they thought I wasn't talented enough to build the telescoping steady rest and suggested I build simpler things. I posted a photo of the steady rest when completed and told them to p**s off and quit the group. Then some of them had the nerve to email me and ask for the prints and details. (NO they didn't get them) I am still touchy about that experience.

Will I am very sorry that any happen on that group
I had colon cancer years ago and let other run the group
I will get a photo of my lathe so you see how I did that install

David Smith

I burn mind out of 3/8 plate and machine to fit the lathe
It took only a few hours

Dave

Rev Pull knob 1.JPG

Rev Pull knob 2.JPG

Dave,
I think you are misunderstanding my question. Yes , the bolt holds the plate on, but what holds the tumbler from coming out?

Back