10 Inch Table Saw Blade Choices

That's got to make one heck of a lot of noise cutting aluminum with a table saw blade? Frankly I don't like the idea, table saws are dangerous enough cutting wood.

That's why I use my Sliding Miter saw in basement or Radial Arm saw in the garage to cut Aluminum.
The Sliding Miter saw has the Diablo 10" x 80T Blade and the Radial Arm saw has a Dewalt 10" x 80T Blade and both have no problem going thru 1/2" 6061 Aluminum. They actually go thru Aluminum easier than Hardwoods. Noise is not that much difference either.

I have an Ole craftsman table saw at work maybe 60+ years old . (Btw There is nothing in our shop under 50) lol...Put a new motor on when I started with Co 15 years ago . About 4 years ago we needed to cut some laminates for a display that I help build for trade show . One of the fellas brought in an 80T diablo been using it ever since. Works justs fine on that saw. And it flies I Cut alum plate up to 1/2 with no problem. Slow and steady .The motor and blade do well its the fence on table is somewhat flimsy so . As long as I make sure its square front side to backside of blade I have no problem whats so ever . If im cutting alum ill shoot up the blade with some WD40 and it cuts relatively quiet and smoothe.

Thanks guys I think im gona try the Irwin 80T Blade on my saw at home ...if it don't work out ill know its time for new saw..lol...

I tried one of those Irwin 80T blades before on aluminum and the carbide teeth came off.
I either got a bad one or the brazing is not very good.

Really!! thanks for the warning ..Huh the ole Irwin was good stuff . You may have got a dud perhaps that batch was made overseas or the process was not a good brazing job. That's why I kinda posted wanted some reviews ..I actualy wanted to TRY the Irwin... ya know many of times u can have 2 reviews on same thing and get a mixed bag . Some folks love an item tool , going to a restaurant and say it was terrible some folks say best they ever had ... lol... but where talkin tools user and eqipt so their a few more variables to consider.

Wow carbide teeth came off Hm However I do have to ask 2 follow up Q's ?Please don't take offense ..

What saw were you using .. what material were you cutting ?
and lastly did you replace the blade with another brand in same saw/ set up and found it performed well ?

thanks again

I was using the Ryobi 10" Sliding Miter saw And I replaced that Irwin with the Diablo and haven't had any problems since.
I was cutting a 14" long piece of 1/4" x 6" 6061 to 10" long when the teeth flew off.
I Put the Diablo on and finished cutting and have used it since. I have cut up 1/2" 6061 but go slow and use WD40.

I think the days of Irwin making good tools is gone. I have an old set of Irwin drill bits that are just fine,but I would not buy a new made set.

I agree that Irwin isn't very good anymore. However I find their taps to be OK but not great which is better then most of the reviews I've seen on them. I use them because I can go down the road 2 miles & buy one when I need it.

I agree that Irwin isn't very good anymore. However I find their taps to be OK but not great which is better then most of the reviews I've seen on them. I use them because I can go down the road 2 miles & buy one when I need it.
(No FB)
Irwin is no longer a company. It's just one of the brands of a conglomerate called Newell Rubbermaid, a typical marketing outfit that owns dozens of brands and has the products designed and produced by the lowest bidder in China.

Somewhere along the line, I ended up with a Carrera 10"x 100 tooth non ferrous metal cutting blade that I use in my
radial arm saw. Possibly even eBay? I've cut aluminum and several different brasses/bronzes with it. Just finished cutting off a couple of pieces
of 8 x 3/4' aluminum bar. Works great! Just have to remember to cut from the front of the saw to the back, i.e away from you instead of pulling it towards you in order to keep the blade from catching and forcing the saw towards the operator. I took 4 passes through the plate to 4 different cut depths. Actually much faster and much cleaner cut than on a band saw!, at least any bandsaw that I could afford. The cut looks almost like it was milled. Very flat and smooth with very minimal scratches on the newly cut surfaces. As usual, with a carbide tipped blade, wear proper protection and keep the bade guard as close to the metal surface as possible to avoid any possibility of flying carbide pieces, never happened yet for me. Face guard as well as eye protection and a very necessary use of hearing protection! The blade works great on plywood even though the tip angle is wrong I've cut baltic birch plywood for cabinets and the cut is as good as I've ever gotten with other plywood only blades. I've had the blade for several years, long before I got my lathe and minimill. I've even been able to cut very accurate slots in both brass and aluminum pieces that now I would use my little mill for.

Chuck the grumpy old guy

Back