10 Inch Table Saw Blade Choices

kennyv

Registered
Registered
Hey Guys Want to toss around Table saw blades see what you all are using
I have a delta table saw right now that is well lets say not so rigid However its mounted in a Rasau table which has an awesome fencing system. Btw My wife found an old craftsmen table and brought it home.. NOW kick myself in butt got rid of it on a move never put it together modified fix it. . Anyway a few years back had to make a magic disappearing box for my daughter talent contest so i went out and bought an inexpensive table saw .

I have a 10inch delta ... what id like to cut mostly is 6062 T6 alum stock 1/4 to 1" . The blade im using works ok i think its 60T not sure what brand. . It does well but id like to see if i change i perhaps It can do better . Most of all How much is worth investing in/ Considering the saw is going to run out some regardless the the quality of the blade. ..

Regarding Blades choices they are 60T 80T or 90T. I have a Diablo 80T at on a saw at work that works pretty good However the saw has a nice motor and arbor to drive it .

What would you prefer what are you all using and is it worth it to spend on better blade for my saw?

Diablo

Dwalt (says USA

Irwin ( says made in Italy)

The red coating on those Diablo blades won't help much when cutting aluminum as compared to hard wood but I've had very good success with their 80 tooth "non-ferrous" blade available at HomeDepot for $60.

The red coating on those Diablo blades won't help much when cutting aluminum as compared to hard wood but I've had very good success with their 80 tooth "non-ferrous" blade available at HomeDepot for $60.

That's what I use on my sliding miter saw for Aluminum and it works great. Just go slow and it cuts real smooth.
It's also easier cutting angles on it than the Bandsaw.

80T is what I will use
so what would ya all prefer as car as Manufacture? I prob will go with the Diablo BC I use it at work and works juts fine but wanted to hear what yall think of these ?

Diablo

Dwalt (says USA

Irwin ( says made in Italy)

Oh! FYI only Just found this article in search I know its for wood but does have a comparison
http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/2905

I have never cut any metal with my table saw but I really like the Forrest blades I use for wood. They do make a non-ferrous blade http://www.forrestblades.com/non-ferrous-saw-blades-for-cutting-copper-aluminum-and-brass

I can tell you I purchased an Irwin blade supposedly made for cutting cement backer board. After just 2ft it no longer had any carbide teeth left. Total junk. I also have some blades from Freud and Amana they are decent.

Several years ago I built a screen porch made from 2" square aluminum tube. I had to make several hundred cut in tube, flat stock and channel. I used a single 200 tooth plywood blade similar to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Concord-Blade...21681&sr=1-3&keywords=plywood+table+saw+blade

When the project was finished I put it back on the shelf without bothering to resharpen it. In 20 years it's only been sharpened once. It still works fine on both plywood and aluminum tube.

I cut it on both my chop saw & table saw from time to time. I can only remember cutting up to 3/4". They always seem to cut wood better after cutting a piece of aluminum.

That's got to make one heck of a lot of noise cutting aluminum with a table saw blade? Frankly I don't like the idea, table saws are dangerous enough cutting wood.

No noisier then cutting wood & no more danderous ether.

ETA: I've taken no actual db readings.

True metal cutting blades have their teeth reclining back at a slight angle. I had to saw up a 1/2" thick sheet of 4 foot x 8 foot Naval bronze plate into more manageable pieces. I bought a metal cutting type of skil saw(runs somewhat slower than the wood cutting types). I bought a metal cutting blade for it. I can't recall the brand of either of these items as I sold the saw when I was done with it. Had no further use for it. But,the blade was a 6" blade with the reclined carbide teeth,and cost $50.00.

I thought it remarkable that the blade could cut that tough bronze. It would also cut steel.

Back