1/3 scale Cub

Nothing like seeing your hard work take flight AND return safely back to earth. My first flight almost 40 years ago is still burned in my memory. I was shaking when I handed the transmitter back to the flight instructor.

These engines are very interesting to me, I used to build racing go-kart engines so small, light, powerful is what I'm kinda about....

It looks like a 1/3 scale model is big even if its a Cub. How will you transport to the field?
I suppose that a big plane is easier to follow in the air. It must take considerable skill at the controls and good eyesight to 'pilot' an RC.

Getting back to the subject of Harriers, would an RC model Harrier be possible?

Nothing like seeing your hard work take flight AND return safely back to earth. My first flight almost 40 years ago is still burned in my memory. I was shaking when I handed the transmitter back to the flight instructor.
I'll never forget my first flight in the mid 70's. I built a Goldberg Senior falcon with a 69 inch wingspan. In my youthful arrogance I thought if I could just get 3 mistakes high I could learn how to fly the plane and land before I ran out of fuel. The plane went to the field in a pickup truck and returned in a sandwich bag! After that I joined a club and got some much needed instruction.

For those of you who are interested in finding a flying site and a club, you can look here: https://www.modelaircraft.org/

There is a blue box labeled "club finder" a bit down from the top of the page. Almost all model airplane clubs in the US are affiliated with the AMA and will be listed there.

I'll never forget my first flight in the mid 70's. I built a Goldberg Senior falcon with a 69 inch wingspan. In my youthful arrogance I thought if I could just get 3 mistakes high I could learn how to fly the plane and land before I ran out of fuel. The plane went to the field in a pickup truck and returned in a sandwich bag! After that I joined a club and got some much needed instruction.

The famous pattern pilot Bill Cunningham took my plane off, I got to fly with him standing close by, then he landed it.

Back