X-axis t-slot guides for mill samples

Thanks all for your input,I appreciate it. Any more ideas are also very very welcome,because you can't have too much options,right.

The bars are wider than your T slots ? If so , use slot blocks in a rear slot , use parallels to locate your part over next slot and use a clamp . You can drill and tap your thru holes without drilling your table or using a sacrificial plate .

I commonly use the previously drilled holes as register positions for the future holes
I have done this but care must be taken when drilling very many holes this way as any error in the spacing is compounded and even a tiny error will add up to an unacceptable amount if you have to drill many holes this way.

This is a very good idea,but I want something for future projects like this as well. Thanks for the idea.

I hear you on the future uses but, it rarely works out for me. If I know I’m making the same thing over and over again it’s certainly worth a permanent fixture. A quick one use alignment jig and onto the burn pile saves so much storage space in the shop! Not to mention, making simple setups is good practice for when you do want to machine a keeper.

Back